New FBI Headquarters | Everett Avenue | Chelsea

You obviously have a hard time reading. I never expected the FBI to break the bank for this building. I did, however, expected them to move forward with the original design that was much better and would have blended in more... the white and black just looks like a cheap jail cell.

And yes, I agree with you, chelsea is not close to any of other sites you mentioned, but the City does want to be "there" at some point and it could have started with this building... again, its just my opinion and nothing more.

is this some sort of joke?

OK, show us all this "original design that was much better and would have blended in more" you keep talking about.

I'll wait for it.

Is it the one Jumbobuc posted? :eek:

(What is even more high-larious is the "blended in more" verbiage you threw up. You DO understand that this is a federal building with blast engineering requirements, not to mention a required gated area perimeter?).

Last edited:
I'll have to find it since it was posted (online) during the proposal phase (2012/2013?). And no its not based off the old chelsea record news paper clipping.

Not sure if this was posted earlier, more renderings of the current design:
http://www.molaskyco.com/fbi-boston.html

I'd love to see the "original design" to which you were refer.

You evidently liked it very much. Could you then, at the very least, describe it to us and why it was so much better than what is being built?

I'd love to view the "original design" you were referring to.

You really like to hear yourself "talk" dont you?
Do you like to bully others online? Do you dislike people having opinions other than yours? Will anything that I post on this project matter to you???

You really like to hear yourself "talk" dont you?
Do you like to bully others online? Do you dislike people having opinions other than yours? Will anything that I post on this project matter to you???

Yes.

The proposal to which you keep vociferously referring.

What is so hard to understand?

Yes.

The proposal to which you keep vociferously referring.

What is so hard to understand?

how about i dont bother posting jack and then YOU can go cry about me not posting anything (which I'm sure you will in 3...2...1...)

1 - Yes, there was an old render. You can find references to it earlier in the thread.

2 - No, it did not look like this building. It appeared to be clad in raw concrete.

3 - No, the render is not available. The page reference was deleted and the picture was not preserved. It doesn't seem to be in any other location. It's possible that it was a mistake.

4 - I hope that settles something.

1 - Yes, there was an old render. You can find references to it earlier in the thread.

2 - No, it did not look like this building. It appeared to be clad in raw concrete.

3 - No, the render is not available. The page reference was deleted and the picture was not preserved. It doesn't seem to be in any other location. It's possible that it was a mistake.

:cool:

Well then, THANK GOD they went with the current design over the "clad in raw concrete" one! ;)

1) It's an FBI building. They have certain engineering/security requirements.

2) It's Chelsea that is begging for development and any kind of infusion of white collar workers.

If taking this in context, this building is far better than what could have been expected.

And here is the environment with which Scorpio was so worried about this building's architecture blending.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x24665b6258982406!6m1!1e1

Last edited:
Nice building, good finishes. Soft opening last Thursday.

With all the security fencing, bollards, and anti-vehicle measures it's hard to believe that the FBI used to work in an urban building in an actual city.

I don't mind the building so much, but the landscaping says stay away. It doesn't bring anything to Chelsea; being a government building I don't think that they pay taxes to Chelsea. Given the security, I doubt the employees will even leave the building at lunch to head to Floramo's.

I am truly grateful that they didn't build in Boston.

I don't believe the government owns the building. Rather it is leased, so real property taxes would be paid.

I don't believe the government owns the building. Rather it is leased, so real property taxes would be paid.

"The eight-story building is leased to the FBI for 20 years by the General Services Administration. "

So one Federal Government entity (the GSA) owns it and another (the FBI) rents it from them.

"The eight-story building is leased to the FBI for 20 years by the General Services Administration. "

So one Federal Government entity (the GSA) owns it and another (the FBI) rents it from them.

It appears the FBI is sub-lessor to a lease held by GSA with the developer.
http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2012/04/26/fbi-move-to-145m-new-chelsea-hq-in.html

The Federal government, as a rule of thumb, doesn't build Federally owned buildings on privately-owned land.

I don't mind the building so much, but the landscaping says stay away. It doesn't bring anything to Chelsea; being a government building I don't think that they pay taxes to Chelsea. Given the security, I doubt the employees will even leave the building at lunch to head to Floramo's.

I am truly grateful that they didn't build in Boston.

As stated before me, the FBI leases this building so taxes are paid to the city, however, the lease holders are seeking large tax breaks which the city council is worried about...

This building, surprisingly, does not have a caf, which will force all employees to venture out to use local restaurants. I think this was part of the deal so it pumps in extra money into the city.

...but it has a really cool gym and a nice pistol range!

scorpio, its also possible they didn't try to find a vendor to operate a cafeteria. The FBI would probably require cafeteria workers to have security clearances, be U.S. citizens, etc.

scorpio, its also possible they didn't try to find a vendor to operate a cafeteria. The FBI would probably require cafeteria workers to have security clearances, be U.S. citizens, etc.

Maybe, anything is possible...

Back