New FBI Headquarters | Everett Avenue | Chelsea

Re: FBI moving to Chelsea

the path being cleared for the silver line extension across the FBI building is coming out nicely as well. I see some prep at the new location of the commuter rail stop behind the market basket as well.

silver line extension in Chelsea? What are you talking about?

Oh wow, weird. Never heard of that before

I look forward to the day when the entire Silver Line system will be converted to light rail.

Seeing as it's being built with our tax dollars, I don't care about ugly for these stand-alone FBI buildings....typical federal style boring.....but hopefully cheaper than the proposed US embassies planned around the world for Billions $$$$..

Seeing as it's being built with our tax dollars, I don't care about ugly for these stand-alone FBI buildings....typical federal style boring.....but hopefully cheaper than the proposed US embassies planned around the world for Billions $$$$..

The new federal courthouse in downtown LA raises the bar on inexpensive, but quality government architecture.

The pictures really don't do it justice, the glass panels are simply stunning in person, and the built-in sunshades add a lot of depth.

The new federal courthouse in downtown LA raises the bar on inexpensive, but quality government architecture.

The pictures really don't do it justice, the glass panels are simply stunning in person, and the built-in sunshades add a lot of depth.

To me, that LA building blows away the the Chelsea campus. I dont know why the city allowed such a drastic change from the original design.

To me, that LA building blows away the the Chelsea campus. I dont know why the city allowed such a drastic change from the original design.

Scorpio -- the LA building is a Courthouse a very public place

This building is an FBI office complex the essence of a non-public building -- I'm just happy that its less like a bunker than what I had expected

The LA has no resemblance to ANYTHING one can call inexpensive. That is a very pricey building. Having said that, it is very high quality and will serve the owner (us?) well for a very long time.

cca

Ps. I cannot say the same for our FBI building. This thing has cheap and fast (and temporary) written all over it.

cca

Our own Federal Court House on Fan Pier was designed well. And I agree that there's a big difference between it and any building housing the FBI or other such agency. Contextual location would have a lot to do with the design as well (no offense to Chelsea). I see no reason to draw attention to this particular agency.

FBI Headquarters (to be demolished)
Washington_DC_FBI_J._Edgar_Hoover_Building_Brunswyk_20121.jpg

FBI Chicago 2009
fbiusaa.jpg

FBI Miami 2015
7424172_G.jpg

Los Angeles (Federal building) 1969
04d5222a1dd1924fda552d8cfc189ba3.jpg

Houston 2009
houston500.jpg

Denver 2010
9033353.0.jpg