New Red and Orange Line Cars

The runs for the Red Line aren't there. Probably because there's only one new Red Line train in place!!

Last edited:
I like both. The Transit Matters tracker is more elegant, and the geographic data is useful if you are trying to catch a new train to ride. But I appreciate the other site's count of new and old trains. If Transit Matters were to add that feature, along with GLX, then they would have the perfect tracker in my opinion.

It is pretty exciting that most times I check it out (admittedly isn't that often) lately is seems like almost 50% of trains running are new. Guessing they aren't too far off from being the majority soon.

This is the first time I've ever seen 5 new OL trains in operation! Also, looks like we are starting to see more total trains running. I'm not used to seeing 14 trains midday like this.

5newOL.PNG

Question; Are they now taking the old trains out of service as the new ones are coming into service? I've often wondered about that. :unsure:

Last edited:
That's what I thought! Good!! The end is finally coming near to for those old rust buckets to get outta here!!! :)

Last edited:
Teban54, bring them on. The more, the better!! I think I'll go to Forrest & wait for one of the new trains to show up & ride it all the way to Malden & back!! :)

NE Transit is claiming on Facebook that the T has announced they have enough CRRC cars to run all Orange Line service at current ridership levels, and that today will be the old cars’ last day in service. I have not been able to find a corroborating source yet.

532A762F-6E78-4551-852D-D02F69F912F4.jpeg

EDIT: I also just remembered today’s date, God help me.

Double EDIT: Yes, per HenryAlan’s post below, this is unsurprisingly an April Fools Day joke that I fell for, hook line and sinker.

Last edited:

Back