New Red and Orange Line Cars

I think that they need to go back to having a doorman for every 2 cars. That way, if one of them doesn't notice a dangerous thing about to happen, the other one should be able to spot it. Of coarse, that was enacted to save money. It's like they are trying to save money in all the wrong place. :unsure:
Or maybe just require more frequent inspection of the safety systems that are supposed to prevent this. Human operators are actually lousy safety systems -- too easily distracted.

Or maybe just require more frequent inspection of the safety systems that are supposed to prevent this. Human operators are actually lousy safety systems -- too easily distracted.

Another thing is that they should have cameras mounted somewhere & aimed at the doors, to catch & ward off a dangerous thing even before it happens. That way, there would be no danger & all of the passengers are safe & no one gets hurt or killed ever again!! :unsure:

Another thing is that they should have cameras mounted somewhere & aimed at the doors, to catch & ward off a dangerous thing even before it happens. That way, there would be no danger & all of the passengers are safe & no one gets hurt or killed ever again!! :unsure:

Do they not? It's been a while since I went through Broadway, but most of the Orange Line stations have cameras, as I recall installed as part of the transition to single-person operation; I assume the Red Line was similarly equipped.

The investigation is still ongoing. No conclusion has been reached yet, but the driver is still off-duty, pending the outcome.

Other than the MBTA's overclocked repair schedules ("Just get it running!"), I really blame every budget conscious House member or sitting Governor who have killed public transportation improvements and/or oversight funding.
Short answer? Cause of Death: Political Cowardice.

Do they not? It's been a while since I went through Broadway, but most of the Orange Line stations have cameras, as I recall installed as part of the transition to single-person operation; I assume the Red Line was similarly equipped.

Well, we all know that the new Red & Orange Line trains feature the cams on the ceiling, but the question is do they rotate? I mean, do they all provide full coverage of the inside, including all of the doors? And just in case a thing like what happened on Sunday is about to happen agian, is there an alarm of some sort that would come on to alert the driver to stop the train, or at lease not let the train go from the platform until whatever is in the doorway is removed. Lord only knows that no one would want that to happen to them! Or be a witness to it.

The T right now, has just gotta get their act together. They are probably listed as one of the most accident-prone transit agencies out there. They have to try to get back on top & be one of the most reliable that residents of Boaton & visitors alike can enjoy to ride on safely & comfortably! :unsure:

Other than the MBTA's overclocked repair schedules ("Just get it running!"), I really blame every budget conscious House member or sitting Governor who have killed public transportation improvements and/or oversight funding.
Short answer? Cause of Death: Political Cowardice.

It seems that everyone is pointing fingers, right? But little or nothing is being done to try to stop all the accidents that have plagued the MBTA for so long. Action speaks louder than words! :eek:

Last edited:
Well, we all know that the new Red & Orange Line trains feature the cams on the ceiling, but the question is do they rotate? I mean, do they all provide full coverage of the inside, including all of the doors? And just in case a thing like what happened on Sunday is about to happen agian, is there an alarm of some sort that would come on to alert the driver to stop the train, or at lease not let the train go from the platform until whatever is in the doorway is removed. Lord only knows that no one would want that to happen to them! Or be a witness to it.

Ah, that I don't know. Orange Line (and I'm guessing Red and Blue) have external cameras pointed at the doors. The interlock system is supposed to keep the train from moving when the doors are open; the recycling circuit is supposed to re-open the doors if there's something in the way, so either there was a malfunction or it's possible to get caught in a door without it triggering the recycling circuit. Either way the operator (via the cab window and the cameras) is supposed to make sure the doors are clear before moving the train. I suspect that some kind of specific alarm would be impractical; if it's set to be more sensitive than the recycling circuit, it seems likely there could be numerous false alarms, which would either cause unnecessary delays or result in desensitization to the operators.

The T right now, has just gotta get their act together. They are probably listed as one of the most accident-prone transit agencies out there. They have to try to get back on top & be one of the most reliable that residents of Boaton & visitors alike can enjoy to ride on safely & comfortably! :unsure:

This is the kind of statement where data and statistics would be invaluable in determining whether the T is actually accident-prone compared to other agencies.

It seems that everyone is pointing fingers, right? But little or nothing is being done to try to stop all the accidents that have plagued the MBTA for so long. Action speaks louder than words! :eek:

Take your own advice and curb your own finger-pointing just a tad in this thread, since you've been sprouting off a whole lot of accusation without evidence about the safety culture at the T these last couple days.

Take your own advice and curb your own finger-pointing just a tad in this thread, since you've been sprouting off a whole lot of accusation without evidence about the safety culture at the T these last couple days.

I call it as I see it. What I said may or may not be true. One thing IS for sure: There have been quite a few accidents with the T. Whose fault is it that these bad things keep on happening? For sure, not mine or yours. What I said is true, isn't it? I don't hold any punches. :eek:

Last edited:
Ah, that I don't know. Orange Line (and I'm guessing Red and Blue) have external cameras pointed at the doors. The interlock system is supposed to keep the train from moving when the doors are open; the recycling circuit is supposed to re-open the doors if there's something in the way, so either there was a malfunction or it's possible to get caught in a door without it triggering the recycling circuit. Either way the operator (via the cab window and the cameras) is supposed to make sure the doors are clear before moving the train. I suspect that some kind of specific alarm would be impractical; if it's set to be more sensitive than the recycling circuit, it seems likely there could be numerous false alarms, which would either cause unnecessary delays or result in desensitization to the operators.

This is the kind of statement where data and statistics would be invaluable in determining whether the T is actually accident-prone compared to other agencies.

Look how many accidents that they've had. So many that I've lost count. And in those, 3 people have died tragically that I know of. And FYI, several newspapers & the media have listed them as one of the most accident-prone transit agencys. I'm really not downing them, but think of it this way. When something bad happens with a transit co., it gets put out there for ALL to see & read about.

And FYI, several newspapers & the media have listed them as one of the most accident-prone transit agencys.
Which media? Name some. Name where they say the T is one of the "most accident-prone transit agencies". You can't keep flinging stuff like this out there without attribution. It smacks of crying wolf, and that's not healthy when you're impugning public safety.

Which media? Name some. Name where they say the T is one of the "most accident-prone transit agencies". You can't keep flinging stuff like this out there without attribution. It smacks of crying wolf, and that's not healthy when you're impugning public safety.

Which ones do you think? Impugning? Like I just said, I speak the truth. If you want to go around & put bandaids on the T, trying to make excuses for some of their failures, then that's YOUR perrogative. Be my guess! I'm one of the millions of folks that ride the MBTA, & I don't want what happend on Sunday to happen to me! I feel sorry for the victim & his fam. He did NOT deserve to die. But I think that this has raised an eye brow for the T to get rid of those relics for trains & get the new ones on the tracks ASAP! :eek:

Which ones do you think? Impugning? Like I just said, I speak the truth. If you want to go around & put bandaids on the T, trying to make excuses for some of their failures, then that's YOUR perrogative. Be my guess! I'm one of the millions of folks that ride the MBTA, & I don't want what happend on Sunday to happen to me! I feel sorry for the victim & his fam. He did NOT deserve to die. But I think that this has raised an eye brow for the T to get rid of those relics for trains & get the new ones on the tracks ASAP! :eek:
This is fearmongering for fearmongering's sake. And after a day of wall-to-wall news coverage of the incident that happened on NYC's Subway yesterday, I don't think more histrionics advance the discourse here at all. Please consider what you are doing by doubling-down on this stance.

Call it what you like. I'm always going to be me, regardless of whoever disputes.
The MBTA needs to be told that too many accdents on their part is inexcusable.

Like I just said, I speak the truth.

Actually, just a moment ago you said "I call it as I see it. What I said may or may not be true."

I agree with others, fear mongering without sources or data to back it up, especially when you say "what I said may or may not be true" but then speak those opinions/assumptions as fact, is dangerous.

I'm not saying you're wrong - there may very well be an issue with safety at the MBTA. But you need to be careful with tone and language if you're going to get people to fall on your side of the issue.

Actually, just a moment ago you said "I call it as I see it. What I said may or may not be true."

I agree with others, fear mongering without sources or data to back it up, especially when you say "what I said may or may not be true" but then speak those opinions/assumptions as fact, is dangerous.

I'm not saying you're wrong - there may very well be an issue with safety at the MBTA. But you need to be careful with tone and language if you're going to get people to fall on your side of the issue.

One member, I put back on the ignore list because he started back being obnoxious. I won't mention who it was, but I had trouble with him before.

Back