New Red and Orange Line Cars

it's true, what you've seen, but trust me, it won't be that way once they are in revenue service. And you're right, the T is not going to support that kind of liability. Too dangerous!!:eek:

Having end of car exit doors doesn't mean they'll be open during operation. Probably there for emergency purposes only.

I think that's just for display only, so that the media can see one train to the other. They may not have stairs to them yet, so this is probably just for show & tell right now.

I know they wont be pass-through while in operation but was just making sure I wasnt seeing things...

Anyways:

GYOJUZHKD4I6TPJ4JWVT3BMQ4Q.jpg

4Y66VEXKD4I6TPJ4JWVT3BMQ4Q.jpg

MRX3DHXKD4I6TPJ4JWVT3BMQ4Q.jpg

Globe

I've seen that also, but believe me when I tell you, That all the doors will be closed when in use. I was on a Blue Line train once. The end door was open! I alerted the T employees about it. They did nothing!!

Last edited:
In New York City, Philly, & Chicago, you can go through the end doors, even while the trains are in motion! I've done it! I'm surprised that they are allowing passengers to do that in this day & age!!

I've noticed that the car numbers. aren't on the sides. Why is that?
😦

Last edited:
New trains look great! It would be cool if the new cars also had an American flag like the NYC subway cars do.

New trains look great! It would be cool if the new cars also had an American flag like the NYC subway cars do.
I believe the flags were added after 9|11. Or did it have to do with NYC's bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympics? I don't recall. In any case, why should the T affix American flag decals to its rolling stock?

Yep looks like 1412/1413 the new ones were hanging out around Wellington today and popped up on the tracker a few times. Definitely not revenue but baby steps

If they're like the DC metro you can open and go through the doors between cars but obviously most people don't do that.

Back