New Red and Orange Line Cars

Apparently they are also in process of redesigning the seats with a more slip-resistant surfacing, although it did not make it into the mock-up.

I'm sorry, but I can't stay silent anymore as someone who enjoys the Transit section here. Was a post like yours (above) REALLY necessary? What did it contribute? What are we supposed to get out of it?

The fact that you thought something was going to be the case, as it turned out to be, is something you feel is worth mentioning, because...? Vanity? Empowerment? Ultimately, posts of this nature contribute NOTHING to the topic at hand...it's filler. (The point of mine, is to help someone like you understand that.)

Get over it. Deal with it. Put a sock in it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/MBTA/status/1029791416208252928

DkqNKJhX0AAbjix.jpg

DkqNLKdXcAAD2f2.jpg

DkqNMAUXgAEJCPZ.jpg

DkqNM3RXgAEUyg-.jpg

I hope to stop by sometime this week, too. Anyone know how long it will be on display for ?

Anyone know what the plan is for the models when they are done? Will they be scrapped for parts? Or will they live on somewhere maybe being stored for a hopeful future life in a transit museum somewhere?

Anyone know what the plan is for the models when they are done? Will they be scrapped for parts? Or will they live on somewhere maybe being stored for a hopeful future life in a transit museum somewhere?

From what I was told, & this came from an MBTA employee, the mockups will not be destroyed.

They are supposed to be put on display at their permanent homes - the OL mockup at North Station concourse & the RL mockup at the South Station concourse. :cool:

Last edited:
What will happen with that company No Name?
Seems they've been quiet for the last several days.

Couldn't get a clear picture, but there is a new Orange Line car under wraps at the Wellington Yard. Not sure when it arrived but I caught a glimpse this morning. Is delivery underway?

Couldn't get a clear picture, but there is a new Orange Line car under wraps at the Wellington Yard. Not sure when it arrived but I caught a glimpse this morning. Is delivery underway?

Yes, Universal Hub has a blurb or two.

Not main thrust of deliveries yet, but a ramping-up of the pilot testing so they can be run in full regulation 6-car sets now.

IIRC, it's one of the two cars that remained in China for further testing.

I think they may operate in 2-car sets during the testing.

The pilots will operate in all configurations during testing...deuces, 4-car, 6-car. And lots of splitting and recombining between test runs. It's the only way to torture-test the trainlining electronics to shake out every potential bug.

Back