New Red and Orange Line Cars

Interesting aside from the work done in assembly there is only a minor Massachusetts and not much more New England manufactured content

Yes, that is what was said from the beginning.

Last edited:
Looks like the orange trains were back in service today. Not sure if it's just for testing though.

As it stands right now, the same first 2 sets of 6-car trains are presently in revenue service. More on the way about once a month. Those ones had to be fixed first to get rid of the problem with the doors :p

Looks like the orange trains were back in service today. Not sure if it's just for testing though.

They were out today as well but I believe just testing not revenue. The goal Poftak mentioned in the radio interview last week was this week and some non-revenue testing on the main line is a good sign.

New Orange Line train just rolled right on through State Street northbound platform. Stopped just before entering the station for about a minute. Nice & quiet.
F73A8150-35BA-4DEC-BB35-1261990F9306.jpeg
D5DA2019-4A28-4FE4-9814-9E4483D628CE.jpeg
EF123452-1BA8-43CB-986E-F7AA1769F284.jpeg
BE43B53E-B9FE-4341-945E-E73CF7552732.jpeg

1408, so that's the second consist that was released not the first one... Interesting

The one that I saw, looks like uniformed workers on the train, checking things to make sure that nothing is wrong with it. :)

These are the best looking subway trains in the US, especially compared to just heavy rail but imo nicer than any lrt or hrt...

These are the best looking subway trains in the US, especially compared to just heavy rail but imo nicer than any lrt or hrt...

They look good, but still have the old-fashioned style to them

I like Honolulu's trains that look modern
hart-rail-carelevated-rail-guide05301704*750xx1600-900-0-84.jpg

They look good, but still have the old-fashioned style to them

I like Honolulu's trains that look modern
hart-rail-carelevated-rail-guide05301704*750xx1600-900-0-84.jpg

HART's are also autonomous. The MBTA's have the benefit of actually operating, though.

Yesterday's presentation. Apparently the RL test train is being pulled up from Newark by a team of horses on the Post Road, since this says it's still in transit.

This is the first mention I've seen of the Alewife Crossover and Codman Yard work. Both explicitly cite the 3-minute headway goal as gospel.

Rumour on the street is that the red line cars arrived today. WCBV even has footage of them being driven in, they got a whole motorcade. Interesting to see the media all quoting "six new cars" arrived today when I thought it was just two pilot cars...

HART's are also autonomous. The MBTA's have the benefit of actually operating, though.

I prefer the Elizabeth line in that case, but its also not yet running and also kinda blurs the distinction between subway and train, running at subway frequency, on electric power and in subway tunnels, but being train sized.
35276734442_b3def1678a_k.jpg

I prefer the Elizabeth line in that case, but its also not yet running and also kinda blurs the distinction between subway and train, running at subway frequency, on electric power and in subway tunnels, but being train sized.

Seeing 4-car sets of these run on the Riverside/Fairmount/Rt128 Urban Rail every 15m would be an absolute transit wet dream..

F-Line, any chance the Green Type 10s could be autonomous? Although that's difficult with the at grade crossings.

Seeing 4-car sets of these run on the Riverside/Fairmount/Rt128 Urban Rail every 15m would be an absolute transit wet dream..
Improving commuter rail is the most cost effective way to expand rapid transit in the commonwealth.

The distances between stations are very subway-like except beyond Maidenhead and on the Heathrow branch. In central London, I see it as an express of the Central Line. It's also partially running: TfL Rail operates the segment between Liverpool Street and Shenfield sans Whitechapel and the Heathrow Express is the segment between Paddington and Heathrow. Paddington to Reading is due to open in December.

Back