Novartis Campus | 181-211 Mass Ave, 22 Windsor Street | Kendall Square | Cambridge

Re: Novartis Expansion

Some from last Tuesday the 27th.
IMG_0788_zpsc5902483.jpg

IMG_0789_zps9512225e.jpg

IMG_0790_zps5a605e95.jpg

IMG_0791_zpsd3773428.jpg

IMG_0799_zpscfcd5e22.jpg

Were the photos taken from 610 Main Street?

Bonkers! This is a huge project. I am always impressed with the level of investment Novartis has made in Cambridge.

Pretty sure they are headquartered in Switzerland

They may have their corporate HQ in Switzerland and their research HQ in Cambridge.

Boeing is an example. Their HQ are in Chicago but the bulk of their manufacturing and operations are in the Seattle area.

Novartris also has a large research center in Basel, and has research centers elsewhere. Headquarters for global biomedical research is Cambridge.

10470719964_13a81448d5_b.jpg

10471688706_2133c9f370_b.jpg

10471644296_6eeb24deb1_b.jpg

10471633704_e57ab4d75e_b.jpg

10471813803_0e320d402f_b.jpg

New murals have gone up in the sidewalk shed

10471622096_831f92bfc1_b.jpg

10471778923_79c2d30357_b.jpg

Oops, got the stink eye

10471558725_3c8def98c0_b.jpg

10471528615_b684e4b5b7_b.jpg

10471500225_cffff06237_b.jpg

10471491936_bcfdfa8c86_b.jpg

10471440156_1c725d3bca_b.jpg

10471090995_6ab50a3df5_b.jpg

Going over this, 610, and the other Cambridge projects, it's hard not to think of this as biotech heaven haha

Is it just me, or is the building closer to Mass Ave noticeably taller than the first one? I count 9 floors with steel still extending upwards.

To address some posts above, Cambridge is one Novartis's global centers for R&D aside from Basel.

Actually the Cambridge Campus is or will become both home for several areas focused on: Cardio, Cancer and Metabolic and now perhaps neuro as well

However, for a few years, Cambridge has been the Global HQ for all R&D with the exception of Chemistry run out of Corporate HQ in Basel

All of this biotech migrating to traditional Big Pharma in Kendall can ultimately be traced to the private investment by Whitehead exploiting the work within MIT's Bio Dept followed by Broad Institute a Whitehead spin-out

I suspect that Pfizer will ultimately follow the same model -- starting slowly with just neuro -- located just down the street from the McGovern Brain Science Complex

Soon there will be another generation of companies wanting to be just down the street from McGovern

MIT is hoping to continue the process with nMASS -- the nano lab and fabrication facility to be built somewhere in the Kendall area and which might kick-off the real nanotech revolution

You hit the nail on the head, sir. Saved me the explanation. :)
The Basel facility is their corporate HQ and where a lot of manufacturing is located. It is like a little city, however, they are making their biggest future bets in Boston.

Actually the Cambridge Campus is or will become both home for several areas focused on: Cardio, Cancer and Metabolic and now perhaps neuro as well

However, for a few years, Cambridge has been the Global HQ for all R&D with the exception of Chemistry run out of Corporate HQ in Basel

All of this biotech migrating to traditional Big Pharma in Kendall can ultimately be traced to the private investment by Whitehead exploiting the work within MIT's Bio Dept followed by Broad Institute a Whitehead spin-out

I suspect that Pfizer will ultimately follow the same model -- starting slowly with just neuro -- located just down the street from the McGovern Brain Science Complex

Soon there will be another generation of companies wanting to be just down the street from McGovern

MIT is hoping to continue the process with nMASS -- the nano lab and fabrication facility to be built somewhere in the Kendall area and which might kick-off the real nanotech revolution

You hit the nail on the head, sir. Saved me the explanation. :)
The Basel facility is their corporate HQ and where a lot of manufacturing is located. It is like a little city, however, they are making their biggest future bets in Boston.

Czerv -- Global Goal of Novartis circa 202? is to be teamed up with Broad on what is commonly referred to as Personalized Medicine:

1) you are sick
2) you go to the doctor
3) various samples of your innards and outards are collected and analyzed
4) you're condition is characterized
5) Novartis in Cambridge tests the cause of what ails you against millions of compounds cranked out in Basel
6) the right mix of stuff is found and you get prescribed -- something which you may continue taking for many years -- e.g. various cancers become chronic diseases
7) Dr, Pharmacy, Novartis and hopefully you are all happy
i.e. the first 3 are richer and you are hopefully healthier with minimal side-effects

Still a work in progress -- however for research purposes #5 is already in existence -- This so-called pharmabot has been working 24/7 across the street in the former NECCO building for several years -- and they actually can already test so-called "targets" against a library of 6 Million compounds regularly updated from Basel

Note when the campus is finished the heavy R will be MIT--side and the D and personalized target testing and probably the final mixing and compounding will be in the NECCO which currently hosts all of the work

Back