Office Expansion Planned for Marketplace Center at Faneuil Hall

I read this as "we're totally redoing the modern building that closes off Quincy Market from what had been the Central Artery"

The building that's there now turns its back on the Greenway with a two-story high blank brick wall (which was a "good thing" when the Artery was there)

I assume this is the "three story canopy" of which they say
A letter of intent has been submitted for the redevelopment of Marketplace Center at 200 State Street. Plans call for an addition of 10,000 square feet of retail along with a 120,000 square foot vertical office expansion on the north side of the site. As part of the project, the existing large 3-story steel canopy structure would be removed to create a "grand portal" connecting the Greenway with Faneuil Hall.

^ Yup and like how an office building was added to the right side theyre saying a new office building will be added to the left side on that street view.

Hard to be sure without seeing any plans, but this sounds like a great idea! The corner of JFK/Surface and Clinton is very unsatisfying. A more urban streetwall at that corner will hopefully have a psychological effect to slow traffic turning from the ramp onto JFK/Surface. That ramp was poorly designed to encourage high speeds.

How much will this project be in dialogue with Dock Square Garage redevelopment, which I see is (apparently) poised for groundbreaking based on the BPDA project page? How intertwined, from an aesthetic/urbanism standpoint, is the success of the two projects?

Perhaps less than I initially thought--at first I envisioned them as being practically abutting... but looking at Google Maps, I see they're not really juxtaposed at all.

(Even though they are only 500 feet apart as the crow flies...)

How much will this project be in dialogue with Dock Square Garage redevelopment, which I see is (apparently) poised for groundbreaking based on the BPDA project page? How intertwined, from an aesthetic/urbanism standpoint, is the success of the two projects?

Perhaps less than I initially thought--at first I envisioned them as being practically abutting... but looking at Google Maps, I see they're not really juxtaposed at all.

(Even though they are only 500 feet apart as the crow flies...)

Heres what dock square will look from your street view

I really hope they get this right. It's such an important lot in the city.

Back