Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St | Seaport

Does anyone have any recent knowledge about the unused rail line (track 80, I think it's called?). I wonder if the incoming neighbors are going to determine its future? The hotel most of all.

I think it's being converted to test the new MBTA Red Line cars.

Pretty cool how enclosed the haul road is now on both sides. Its hidden much better now. Cant wait to see what goes up next to this to link this to the hotels at the cruise ship terminal.

Beeline -- nice pix
Also this is turning into a better building than the renderings!

This is cool. One of the things I like most about all the new construction is how it extends the city and enhances the view down certain major streets. Used to be you'd look down Boylston towards the Fenway and the city suddenly ended in a clump of trees. Likewise the view down Summer St from South Station just led to empty space. Not any more. I hope with all the new construction in the South End the same thing happens looking down Tremont from Stewart.

This is looking great. Its going to be cool once the easy parcels are taken and the more unusual and tricky ones like the one to the left of this get proposals. The parcel to the right of this is just about the same size and now that this is here a proposal wouldnt be out in the middle of nowhere so there should be a proposal there relatively soon too. Also Its great that the haul road, pike etc are being hidden more and more from view with each new project over here.

Back