Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St | Seaport

Right? Like... is it supposed to be some kind of private park-and-ride for the Silver Line?
But the SBWTC is not private, it is owned by Massport. It is billed by Massport as parking for Events and Cruise Ships: BCEC, Cruise Terminals, World Trade Center, and South Boston Waterfront (last).

That area used to have a lot of surface parking that was underutilized on weekends, and available for events (Home Show, Boat Show, Auto Show....) Regional shows that would draw a lot of car traffic. That parking is largely gone, so SBWTC is Massport's answer. I also suspect in the "before times" Massport was hedging on potential overflow parking for Logan (so yes a Logan Park and Ride).

Last edited:
When we railed on Massport about it years ago, the response was that the parking garage is also to help mitigate losses of parking revenue at the airport due to the advent of app-based taxis, so definitely an attempt to capitalize on parking demand from events.

Hotel is looking solid.

From Saturday

Figured I'd share some detail views I haven't normally seen. Normally around this time, the whole area would be swarming with cosplayers and gaming nerds of all stripes attending the PAX East gaming convention (including myself) and it struck my partner and me just how much the views around the BCEC have changed from this perspective every year since I'm not often in this corner of the Seaport other than conventions.

2021-03-06 16.47.18.jpg
2021-03-06 16.47.40.jpg
2021-03-06 16.48.08.jpg
2021-03-06 16.49.34.jpg
2021-03-06 16.51.04.jpg
2021-03-06 16.51.35.jpg
2021-03-06 16.52.23.jpg
2021-03-06 16.52.42.jpg
2021-03-06 16.54.30.jpg

Last edited:
From Saturday

Figured I'd share some detail views I haven't normally seen. Normally around this time, the whole area would be swarming with cosplayers and gaming nerds of all stripes attending the PAX East gaming convention (including myself) and it struck my partner and me just how much the views around the BCEC have changed from this perspective every year since I'm not often in this corner of the Seaport other than conventions.

View attachment 10919View attachment 10920View attachment 10921View attachment 10922View attachment 10923View attachment 10924View attachment 10925View attachment 10926View attachment 10927

Great photos of a good looking building. But BTD's Summer St road diet can't come soon enough!

ABSOLUTELY. They'll probably hold off on any major work until after the adjacent parcels are nearing completion of adjacent ROW work...

I wonder if anything will be built on the parcel just west of this, adjacent to the World Trade Center ave. Would need to be air rights over Haul Rd., the track 61 rail and one of the tunnels, but it feels like closing this "square" a little more would be nice for the convention ctr

^^ I read something in a MCCA report years ago that highlighted the parcel you're mentioning as a potential HQ hotel site (Omni is considered a HQ hotel... basically something with 1000+ rooms).

Doubling and tripling-down on clean, straight vertical and horizontal lines throughout without any awkward breaks with things like alternating offset window designs, for example, has worked very well for this project, I think.

The Omni website shows you can book this hotel starting September 9th. Prices range from $299-$419.

Back