On The Dot | 505 Dorchester Avenue | South Boston

Equilibria

Reaction score
LOI:

First building is 15 stories of biotech space.

3 more buildings to come of which 1 will have some housing. 2.5MSF total.

I assume it's a simple 2x2 grid on the almost perfectly rectangular tow lot.

For some reason, I had a really negative reaction to this name. Seems kind of cheesy. Can't argue with millions of square feet on top of the Red Line, though.

2.5 million square feet? Thats 625k square feet per building. This sounds absolutely massive. Im excited for this.

LOI:
I assume it's a simple 2x2 grid on the almost perfectly rectangular tow lot.

Screen grabs courtesy of Boston Business Journal.
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 7.08.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 7.07.15 PM.png

I used to live on Woodward St. Essentially across the street from that site. Then it was a scrap metal yard if I remember correctly. Aces High Pub was around there as well.
Forgot to add that was in the early 90's.

I used to live on Woodward St. Essentially across the street from that site. Then it was a scrap metal yard if I remember correctly. Aces High Pub was around there as well.
Forgot to add that was in the early 90's.
Aces High Pub? Is that maybe what The Connection is now?

Aces High was somewhat across the street from The Connection. The Connection used to be called The Sports Connection.

"On the Dot" says it all. I am not nostolgic for the good ole days that never were, but something organic is being lost.

You can never say organic without thinking about yo mama

And they must be smaller than before, no? So probably not geared towards families.

DPIR: https://bpda.app.box.com/s/yh5sm26ya5cjpwf47rca1jjxby7g87pp

The Project’s maximum height has been reduced from 17 stories/259 feet to 13 stories/198 feet. The overall square footage of the Project has been reduced by 85,600 sf. Space has been reallocated to reduce the amount of commercial square footage from 1,500,500 to 1,336,500, increase the amount of retail square footage from 47,000 to 60,000, and increase the amountof residential square footage from 194,600 to 260,000, as indicated in Table 1-1 below. Both the overall number and percentage of affordable housing units has been increased from 30 units/15 percent to 49 units/17 percent. The number of proposed parking spaces has increased to more closely align with the Boston Transportation Department’s (BTD) recently adopted parking ratios, while remaining below the total number of spaces for which the development would be eligible based on the adopted formulas.

Much more housing, slightly less height, more parking spaces.

Back