One Mystic | 1 Mystic Avenue | Charlestown

New design up on the bpda project page.
cad847ad-507b-43b4-84b0-11cd2d9d8217

https://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/one-mystic-avenue

A lot of the problem with this design is the render. It looks like something taken from a 1950s magazine.

I agree, in practice it appears like it would look pretty similar to the new residential tower at assembly, which nobody really seemed to complain about. Both look like perfectly adequate mid rise residential towers to me. My only complaint would be that they could make the ground floor on the proposed tower fill out the lot with added retail/residential like the building below.
Assembly-Row-Feb-2022.png

I agree, in practice it appears like it would look pretty similar to the new residential tower at assembly, which nobody really seemed to complain about. Both look like perfectly adequate mid rise residential towers to me. My only complaint would be that they could make the ground floor on the proposed tower fill out the lot with added retail/residential like the building below.
Assembly-Row-Feb-2022.png

I really dislike the beige-and-brown cross-stitch look. Both on the proposal and on this completed one.

I-93 *is* a vision from the depths of hell. (at least from sullivan square till past the last quincy exit)
At no time day or night are there so few cars on 93 as depicted in these renders. Oh how heavenly that would make all of our commutes!

The portion of Mystic Ave that this building is on is currently being redone. I see that the developer has either proposed or has noted intersection improvements but does anyone know if the developers have contributed financially to those improvements?

The portion of Mystic Ave that this building is on is currently being redone. I see that the developer has either proposed or has noted intersection improvements but does anyone know if the developers have contributed financially to those improvements?

No; the Mystic Ave and Maffa Way bridge replacement project was amended into and programmed on the Boston MPO Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) with a combination of federal aid funds (80%) and state match funds (20%) during FFY 2022. The project went out for bid last year, and the link you shared was the presentation/request from several months ago to award the contract.

Back