One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

As others have pointed out, this building has always been a background building/blended into the skyline. Now, with the crane, I've noticed all the different vantages this building is in. There's an especially good shot of the cranes at Hub on Causeway and this, and the soon to be taller crane at Garden Garage Tower and possibly even One Congress/State St HQ's future crane from 93 south.

with this one changing, and all the others going up, the appearance of Downtown Boston is going to be so different!. We had something very similar from 1981~88. It was quite dramatic!

Interesting. Did they add that small bit back to the top since the last renders? From those angles, the red side actually makes it look less fat as well than I thought it might.

From 7/28. While it's not a great tower, I'll miss the effect of the cantilevers on the skyline.

IMG_4489 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4520 by David Z, on Flickr

Copley Place could use this treatment:

Qv2qA8u.jpg

As was mentioned on the first page, this is gonna be (2) 88 Boylston St's stacked upon the other. Therefore, this will be exactly (2) times as good as "88." The more i think about the 500' fat turd, Downtown plateau, the angrier i get.

As was mentioned on the first page, this is gonna be (2) 88 Boylston St's stacked upon the other. Therefore, this will be exactly (2) times as good as "88." The more i think about the 500' fat turd, Downtown plateau, the angrier i get.

Do you mean "850" Boylston St., the one with the failed wind turbines?

that's 888 boylston (not 850) and, yeah, i'm pretty sure that's what he was attempting to reference in his most recent rant about "fat turds" in boston.

I think you're both talking about 888 Boylston, and we'll see once this reno is done, as the renders look almost like a cartoon.

that's 888 boylston (not 850) and, yeah, i'm pretty sure that's what he was attempting to reference in his most recent rant about "fat turds" in boston.
He's not wrong. A shame that the first renders showed a new crown-like top. Now we just get a few oddly-placed shoeboxes at the top. So Boston.

Back