One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

So the earlier roof crane / hoist was to lift the heavier crane, and the counterweights?

Ckd3YFT.jpg

We don’t typically see that style of crane cab in Boston. NYC is full of them.

Are they updating the interiors as well to essentially offer a brand new building to customers?

I'd like to see the red swapped out for 'signal green,' as green goes so nicely with Blue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sig...KHXh6BtIQ9QEwB3oECAcQEg#imgrc=iV_t72WI7zDvCM:

Nevertheless, this is a fine upgrade for P.O.S. The initials are telling. The 516' tower becoming an even wider building (ugh) isn't a very good thing. But if we must have another fatty, at least it will otherwise, be less offensive to God and the people who have long suffered to look at this awful thing.

I'd like to see the red swapped out for 'signal green,' as green goes so nicely with Blue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sig...KHXh6BtIQ9QEwB3oECAcQEg#imgrc=iV_t72WI7zDvCM:

Nevertheless, this is a fine upgrade for P.O.S. The initials are telling. The 516' tower becoming an even wider building (ugh) isn't a very good thing. But if we must have another fatty, at least it will otherwise, be less offensive to God and the people who have long suffered to look at this awful thing.

I agree with that. Also, I'm sad they took away the subtle illuminated "crown" that was in the initial render. Would have been a nice touch.

The cross bracing, red accents, and glass are nice touches for sure. Definitely an upgrade. Boston has a weird skyline, for one of the oldest cities in the US, we have a mostly 70s filing cabinet skyline. Since that is the case, upgrading a few of them into more modern glass towers is a positive. Were not close to glass capacity yet... but well see after this cycle. You would NEVER do that to an art deco tower though. Unfortunately we have a few art deco buildings that would have shined at height, but didnt get the chance. The custom house tower is an absolute gem though, Im not sure which style these 1910’s clock towers are in but of Philly, Nyc, and Boston, the custom house is king.

Nyc as usual is setting the next trends with tower verre, steinway, 45 broad, 9 dekalb...etc so once we hit capacity with blue glass Im interested to see what we get from there. Architecture was stuck in a rut for a long time, but these days theres plenty of brand new towers going up that are as good as any tower ever built. Since we missed out on the golden age, I wouldnt mind it if we have a historic ground level and modern skyline, as well never have the true generational integration of NY or Chicago, and thats fine as long as the new stuff is as good as any. For a while it wasnt, but things have changed and limestone is even making a comeback with 30 park, even liberty mutual, so literally anything is possible these days and its great.

Anyways Im looking forward to this a lot, its almost better than a new tower in some ways because it replaces a front and center turd with something nice. This is pretty huge and hopefully doesnt take too long. Also Ive never seen a reclad fill in corners of floors so Im interested in the process of how this works.

Not trying to get off topic, but I was told that the A-380 doesn't come here because it's too big!!

Back