One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

ED828854-41F0-4075-A596-5A2F81AA329A.jpeg

This corner ^ doesn't seem to be making progress at all. They haven't even started construction of the bump-outs to fill in those 2 indented corners. I think entire buildings in the Seaport have finished in the amount of time it's taken them to reskin 75% of an existing building. And half of it they're basically throwing windows on top of old ones! I know they added the side building by the garage, but this just seems far too long.

It is weird that the steel in the corners hasnt made any progress. If theyre having supply chain issues with the windows why not at least get the steel going that way they can make up for some of the lost time once they come in.

They installed the crane for this thing in July 2019... I never thought this would be a three year project. There's still 1/3 of the building to go...

Yea its pretty ridiculous. Not sure why they havent at least added the new steel to the corners yet. At least then itd be ready to go for glass installation. Is there a supply chain issue or something?

Supply chains are one thing, you also have to move tenants before you can start work there, which requires some interior fit-out work on the lower levels before you can move ahead, and we understandably don't cover interiors much on aB and how long that can take. You also can't start interiors until the floors are sealed back up, then roughed back in with new utilities and whatnot, which can be quite a process on a reno project with active tenants.

There's some visible progress as of recent though. Should be moving along from the outside soon enough.

Back