Peter Bent Brigham Centennial Park and Garage Construction | Brigham Circle | Fenway

14336662797_145d606920_b.jpg

Hill-Valley1.jpg

hillvalley2015.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Still hoping a donor comes through with a nice, big, working* clock for this project.

It's almost 2015! Where are my flying cars?

kz, thank you for keeping tabs on this. I pass by this every time I go to Mission Hill and it'll be nice to finally take that fence down. Looking forward to see it completed...

Looks very nice, so nice that I can't find the entrance to the underground garage.

Id love to see the main old building capped with a taller one someday, wonder if something like that is next now that they've built out all their vacant land from the mass mental purchase.

I sometimes like old hospital architecture but although this building (and the one to its left) are decent, I think this corner and the distance from which it's set back from the street make it seem unworthy of the site, at least as is. I think that main building and possibly the old brick one to the left would look really good if capped by a clean, fresh modern building, 7+ stories tall. The fact that the main building as it stands now is so small makes it unable to really be much of a main entrance... with the new park (which is really great - just not enough) AND a height addition it could really bring the Brigham back to Brigham Circle.

I sometimes like old hospital architecture but although this building (and the one to its left) are decent, I think this corner and the distance from which it's set back from the street make it seem unworthy of the site, at least as is. I think that main building and possibly the old brick one to the left would look really good if capped by a clean, fresh modern building, 7+ stories tall. The fact that the main building as it stands now is so small makes it unable to really be much of a main entrance... with the new park (which is really great - just not enough) AND a height addition it could really bring the Brigham back to Brigham Circle.

FK -- No the Main entrance should stay the fine human scaled Greek Temple of the Doric order -- as in a gesture to Hippocrates

The two brick nondescript brick structures on either side should be replaced by modern 6 to 12 story structures stepping up in height as you go further back from Huntington Ave

Back