Petty Arguments Cut From Serious Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Innovation Dist. / South Boston Seaport

First of all intelligence has nothing to do with age. You're a dick for ignoring my points because am younger than you. I am an adult. These issues actually matter me more than you because I will live long enough for them to affect me.

I'm in my low 30's. They'll affect me too. You may be an adult, but just barely. You're still a teenager. Nobody cares about teenagers except teenagers. When you're older, you'll understand.

Intelligence has nothing to do with age, but experience and wisdom have much more to do with age. I have no doubt that you are an intelligent up and comer. I just don't give a shit. I shared most of your same beliefs when I was 18. Then one day, I don't know how to describe it, except to say it feels like I finally woke up.

And yes, I'm a dick, and proud to be. I grew up in Massachusetts. We are the rule, rather than the exception.

I realize previously it was just parking but that doesn't make it a good idea to try and replace those parking spots even partially as it has been proven that without as much parking people will still find a way to get there or they won't and thats okay too Boston isn't exactly reliant on a thousand tourists from Maine and NH plus I guarantee if they wont drive in they won't automatically not go as there are these things called buses that work pretty well.

Holy run-on sentence.

The spots are to serve a convention center. They are business oriented. If we expand the convention center but can't fill it to capacity because not enough people can easily get there, then the whole thing is a waste. You can argue that it's a waste anyway, but it's already there and isn't going away. On the other hand, all of the existing surface parking that used to serve the convention center IS going away.

I'm in my low 30's. They'll affect me too. You may be an adult, but just barely. You're still a teenager. Nobody cares about teenagers except teenagers. When you're older, you'll understand.

Intelligence has nothing to do with age, but experience and wisdom have much more to do with age. I have no doubt that you are an intelligent up and comer. I just don't give a shit. I shared most of your same beliefs when I was 18. Then one day, I don't know how to describe it, except to say it feels like I finally woke up.

And yes, I'm a dick, and proud to be. I grew up in Massachusetts. We are the rule, rather than the exception.

you are a self entitled shit, just because you came to these viewpoints later in life does not mean they are correct it just means that your interests are now more entrenched in the status quo than in creating something better. People who become more conservative do so not because they realize the system actually isn't that bad but because the system starts to benefit themselves. This isn't about experience and wisdom it is about selfishness. You are so patronizing its ridiculous. Your beliefs are the wise experienced ones and mine, simply by virtue of my age and your past experience are some how immature. you have so many logical fallacies in your reasoning it is painful.

This thread has GOT to win some sort of Great Achievements in Derailment Award. Someone drop a Hitler reference, quick!

Adolf Hitler drove a car. I think it was a Mercedes.

One thing I've learned since I was 18 is that patronizing anecdotes are both inherently sound and uniquely persuasive.

One thing I've learned since I was 18 is that patronizing anecdotes are both inherently sound and uniquely persuasive.

They may be effective to other entitled people like yourself but to anyone with any shred of intelectual honesty they are meaningless.

Re: Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Let's avoid the political chat, shall we?

In the meantime, it's great to see that these units are being moved so well before the building is even close to completion. Downtown Crossing is going to be a totally different place in the next couple of years.

Political Chat---That's considered development cost you fucking moron.

Re: Aquarium Parking Garage Redevelopment | Waterfront | Downtown

Probably this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I had a skyline epiphany today... Yes I want to continue to have an unobstructed view of the Custom House Tower from the inner harbor and this proposed tower would eff that up. For that reason I hope nothing of any height gets built at the Aquarium garage. That and the canyon effect it might have on the Greenway. Just not worth it.

People have been killed for lesser things....bring me new info if you're going to drag up old threads

That sounds a lot like a threat. I'm not sure why Suffolk 83 is so pissy. Most of the posts on here are nonsense. I think he is trying to flex his senior membership muscle.

That sounds a lot like a threat. I'm not sure why Suffolk 83 is so pissy. Most of the posts on here are nonsense. I think he is trying to flex his senior membership muscle.

This idiotic post has been annoying me for the last couple of days. Anytime someone revives an old thread that hasn't been commented on for a month+, and has neither pictures nor new information, they are (deservedly) scorned for it. It gets people's hopes up. Suffolk's comment has been repeated on many threads, by many posters, for many years.

The only "threat" here is that somebody read your post and is now dumber for it.

This idiotic post has been annoying me for the last couple of days. Anytime someone revives an old thread that hasn't been commented on for a month+, and has neither pictures nor new information, they are (deservedly) scorned for it. It gets people's hopes up. Suffolk's comment has been repeated on many threads, by many posters, for many years.

The only "threat" here is that somebody read your post and is now dumber for it.

Seriously... the idiotic pseudo threat by Suffolk83 didn't bother you, but the criticism of it by someone else did? And then you just assume the person who criticized the threat was the person that made the post.

Its a discussion board not a PR web site. If you don't want to discuss, then unsubscribe from the thread if you don't want to be bothered with email or substantively engage in discussion.

Seriously... the idiotic pseudo threat by Suffolk83 didn't bother you, but the criticism of it by someone else did? And then you just assume the person who criticized the threat was the person that made the post.

Its a discussion board not a PR web site. If you don't want to discuss, then unsubscribe from the thread if you don't want to be bothered with email or substantively engage in discussion.

It wasn't a "pseudo threat", it's the exact reaction everybody has gotten who ever revives a thread from the dead with nothing new to add. If you don't want to be criticized, don't commit that faux pas. Also, you seem pretty thin skinned to be living in Boston. I'm surprised the city hasn't swallowed you whole. Maybe a slower, "kinder", gentler place like deep south Alabama would be more your speed?

The only things that bothered me were you resurrecting the thread, and you and your little buddy there crying about it.

Oh actually, your opinion of "let's not build this because it blocks a building" bothers me too, and this is coming from somebody who considers the Custom House to be my second favorite building in the city. The Harbor Towers are obnoxious and ugly, and already block the Custom House from many angles. It's time something got built to lessen their impact from.... well, everywhere. Replacing a hideous garage is a good start.

It wasn't a "pseudo threat", it's the exact reaction everybody has gotten who ever revives a thread from the dead with nothing new to add. If you don't want to be criticized, don't commit that faux pas. Also, you seem pretty thin skinned to be living in Boston. I'm surprised the city hasn't swallowed you whole. Maybe a slower, "kinder", gentler place like deep south Alabama would be more your speed?

The only things that bothered me were you resurrecting the thread, and you and your little buddy there crying about it.

Oh actually, your opinion of "let's not build this because it blocks a building" bothers me too, and this is coming from somebody who considers the Custom House to be my second favorite building in the city. The Harbor Towers are obnoxious and ugly, and already block the Custom House from many angles. It's time something got built to lessen their impact from.... well, everywhere. Replacing a hideous garage is a good start.

Its a discussion board, deal with it you moron.

Only a MORON would resurrent a thread with nothing to add, and then get defensive when called out about it. Next time, if you're going to be a contrarian, try posting something that isn't worthless for the rest of us.

Maybe next time you'll think twice before pissing everybody off. Somehow I doubt it. I'm glad we had this discussion, aren't you?

You will have to excuse DZH22. He smokes a lot of weed. His whole life is taking pictures of buildings and posting on these forums

^^ Which is why the vast majority of people come to this forum: to see high-quality pics of our home city. DZH22's photo contributions to this forum over the years - as well as those from a few other talented active members - makes ArchBoston worth visiting.

What was the point of the weed "dig"?

^^ Which is why the vast majority of people come to this forum: to see high-quality pics of our home city. DZH22's photo contributions to this forum over the years - as well as those from a few other talented active members - makes ArchBoston worth visiting.

What was the point of the weed "dig"?

So let me try to understand this it okay for DZH22/Suffolk 83 to attack other people on this forum who have opened older threads because they post a lot of pictures. Just trying to get on the same page with you here.

So let me try to understand this it okay for DZH22/Suffolk 83 to attack other people on this forum who have opened older threads because they post a lot of pictures. Just trying to get on the same page with you here.

Don't open an older thread if you have nothing new to bring to the table, be it a picture or a piece of information. It's kind of an unwritten rule around here. Next time you'll know.

Don't open an older thread if you have nothing new to bring to the table, be it a picture or a piece of information. It's kind of an unwritten rule around here. Next time you'll know.

Looks like its now a written rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back