Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_1559.jpg

I really like that design, the blue glass, steel, and gray granite/stone. 33 Arch St is the same way. It offers a nice contrast to the red brick and certainly is better than the beige and red crap that is still springing up everywhere (SBW).

I like the Hotel Building, but the residential tower looks like they tried to force all the same architectural elements onto a smaller building. Should have simplified the facade and kept it all glass.

I always like the hazy summertime shots. It helps put things in prospective in terms of distances. That last pic is great.

Has anyone seen this guy before? I rarely set foot into Quincy Market, but I'm glad I did, 'cause I got to see this guy, and boy was he GOOD. Straight up bluegrass, and with all his instruments he sounded like an entire band. His website is named after that contraption at his feet -- www.guitarmachine.com

6247ex.jpg

Haha...I've seen that guy a few times, he really is quite good.

shiz02130 said:
Two pics from today:
imgp0099.JPG
What's that thing coming out next to Arch Street? Also note how the parking lot windows at 45 Province St. is being cleared out. I went by it today and it looks the building is getting ready for demolition.

An intact streetwall of triple deckers is just as pleasing as any series of Back Bay or South End brownstones or DC rowhouses. Great pic!

garbribre said:
An intact streetwall of triple deckers is just as pleasing as any series of Back Bay or South End brownstones or DC rowhouses. Great pic!

That's Taft Street in Dorchester, I believe, between Dot Ave and Pleasant.

In the Pru courtyard

About the only thing modernism is good for...shots like this

^Wanna-be Gehry?

Didn't know he did small business interiors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back