Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settled Dust
NCS_1313.jpg

That is a beautiful, haunting picture!

To answer the previous question - I believe Hill Holiday is now in one of the generic State Street towers, not sure which one.

great picture endus. I bet you could find some similar opportunities at the old Orpheum theater in New Bedford's South End ( http://www.orphinc.org/ ). There are an abundance of old and mostly vacant industrial buildings in the area as well.

Sure is! I am a friend of Rana X's but I spent some time driving around to locate it based on her roof shot...just for fun to see if I could find it without help. The place is actually sealed up tight as a DRUM and I haven't been in in over a year, but I found an old roll of film I never developed.

I have a bunch of other pics on my site of this place including the only multirow pano I've ever bothered to shoot...

http://www.desolatemetropolis.com/dm/archives/2007/12/silent-applause.html

great picture endus. I bet you could find some similar opportunities at the old Orpheum theater in New Bedford's South End ( http://www.orphinc.org/ ). There are an abundance of old and mostly vacant industrial buildings in the area as well.

Thanks, and thanks for the tip! I always appreciate tips. I have been down to New Bedford to explore...we tried to hit the old Elko dress factory a couple times but various factors prevented us from doing it...but have never come across the cache of buildings that one would expect to be in New Bedford. I've been meaning to spend a day driving around there, but this gives me a starting point. :D

That's a parking garage? People would pay to work/live with that view.

The one plus to it getting dark at 3pm is that 80% of the office building lights are on. It makes for a much better skyline/cityscape than those night shots taken on weekends

Couldn't of waited until the whole sign was white?

But all in all, this picture rocks.

See, what I like about it is that the white horizontal lines were in the process of disappearing. The three bottom lit up ones unlit during the course of the shutter being open -- so they're not as bright. so it's kinda like they ease into the black at the bottom of the sign.

But that's just me

...I don't know, this time you're missing the edges of the triangle...

Ha ha, I'm just kidding. The wide looks wicked cool w/ the moon, and take notice of the moon, it's like 20,000 miles closer to the Earth than it ever had been before, or usually is, or this year, or something like that.

I can't wait to copy that photo and make greeting cards out of them.

Thank you, Internet!

Awesome pic. I just arrived in town for the holidays (minutes ago), and passing the Citgo sign on my way back from the airport, I realized what a miracle it is that this neon beast is allowed to exist in such an aesthetically conservative town. Blind adherence to tradition FTW (in this case).

Oh yeah, I guess it's no longer *actually* neon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back