Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, the "british oppression" comment is more of a sales pitch than a belief. It's from their mouth, I'm just repeating it. Closer to what I mean is that it's the only government building in America which still has the unicorn and lion, symbols from the times of British Rule, on it.

Up the street from Weymouth town hall is a replica of Mt. Vernon well hidden with the perfect view of Boston.

Curry college also has a replica of The Old State House.

IMG_3094_2.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

Steps to become more like Paris: 1. Gargoyles- check!

IMG_3110.jpg

nice^ you almost fool me into thinking this was an old 70's photo at 1st glance!

Look closer at the picture. Volvo is the backhoe manufacturer. (Unless you were joking?)

neato. to get that effect, all you need to do is slow exposure speed down a bunch, correct?

neato. to get that effect, all you need to do is slow exposure speed down a bunch, correct?

Sure.

Or just push "auto" on your point and shoot and see what happens. (my picture uses this method)

hey man, i only know the word exposure cause i looked at the little properties thing on flickr...and on the shot i got from shooting in auto where i got the headlights to blur, the exposure speed number was bigger than the rest of em. i have zero legitimate camera knowledge.

and, i know the word aperture from the apple software title.

I moved the last post to a new thread about Photography cause I don't want it to get lost in this thread.

Also I think come new years we should start a third PotD thread and archive this one. I'm thinking that if we are going to have awards it would help to know what pictures were posted when.

I always loved taking a train along the Southwest Corridor. It always reminded me of the levels in Half Life 2 where you are in the canals and rail tracks trying to escape City 17.

They have the red-and-green lights on top of the little Hancock, it's Christmastime in the City!

^ Do you remember (or have an old pix?) when they used to string x-mas lights around the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back