Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
boston1107194ra9.jpg

Is that what they mean by 'Manhattanization of Boston?'

What's the name of this thread again? Can someone remind me I seem to have forgotten.

Imposing Big Dig Vent

Not sure which Vent number this is, but one of these won the Harleston Parker Medal...

Would everyone rather I not post an occasional NY picture in this thread? Made more sense to me than creating a new thread but if you rather I not post, thats fine.

^^Doesn't bother me one bit.

I don't care where you post your stuff. as long as I get to see it.

Thanks.

But if you're going to post NY pictures semi-regularly, why not create a new thread for them?

Looks forlorn and abandoned amidst the parking lots waiting to be called to their future roles

westy

I understand the front faces the water, but couldn't the street-side have been a tad more inviting. And the mohawk is unfortunate. Still like it, though.

Again, thanks to all responsible for the pix.

I wonder if static or even moving images could be projected on those walls at night?

That's actually a great idea. You should somehow contact them with that idea

That's actually a great idea. You should somehow contact them with that idea

If you go to the ICA website ( http://www.icaboston.org/about/contact/ ) or just email info@icaboston.org with that proposal, chances are that they'll listen and at least give you a good response. I emailed them a few months back asking about the docks right in front of the ICA's Media Room in the Fan Pier renderings and got back a few not-so-brief responses including one i posted in the ICA thread. I would suggest emailing them with your suggestion and also including that desolate looking photo.

Bowesst, I would say make a thread sayin " NY pics" or even " Bowesst pictures". I like your NY pictures, just not in a Boston pic thread, its not about NY. Make your own thread, do you. Everybody likes seeing pictures.

What theatre is that? (Is it the abandoned St. Alphonsus Hall that someone posted here a year or two ago?)

I believe so. A bloody shame...

Check out endus's link -- cool images of Mission Church and post-industrial desolation. Nice shot of the Transamerica Pyramid as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back