Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part IV (2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
which camera did u get? I also have 14x zoom on my cannon sx210 I really luv the zoom,thats why I got it!

It's a cannon powershot sx230hs 12.1 mp. I got it on a nice sale too. I think our 2 models are pretty comparable overall from what I have read. I enjoy all the "false shots" where buildings miles apart look like they are right by each other. It's amazing how many random things can pop into the same shot! (to everyone out there, let me know if I am overposting and I will try to keep the volume of shots down... it's just that I either remember to post, or they "collect dust" and are never heard from again)

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

It's amazing how many random things can pop into the same shot! Is'nt though! It always blows my mind how these camera's pic-up things u wer'nt expecting,enjoy it,I look forward to ur pixs!

Just an FYI: I was walking down New Sudbury St and happened to look over at the JFK building and noticed that the glass bridge that connects the tower to the low rise frames in the Peter Pan tent beautifully.

I don't have a camera but if anyone is in the area with a decent came and isn't afraid of taking pictures of highly-secured federal buildings, then you can probably snap yourself a great shot.

6557541567_1541812279_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/6557541567/in/photostream

A few more night shots with the
Canon A530. Its such a great camera. I throw it in my pocket and I get great results like these.

In 2012 I will bust out the DSLR again and will have more time @ night to go out and shoot now that the Wife is getting better every day.

These will prolly be the last shots I post up before Christmas so to all my Flickr friends who celebrate.

Merry Christmas : )

oh and Universal Hub Ran This Photo.

http://www.universalhub.com/2011/reflections-fort-point-channel

Nice results with the A530, Greg! Merry Xmas to you and yours.

I was passing through town yesterday and Friday and didn't have my D90 with me so I got some random photos with my cell phone that I will share sporadically.

FxCam_1324650108880.jpg

FxCam_1324653359559.jpg

DZH, that first pic is really awesome. Where was that from?

The above pics are from The Fells. There is a tower but it's currently closed. However, there is a rock outcropping right by it that provides the exact same views. It overlooks Route 93, and the trailhead is right off the rotary on exit 33.

The pics below are from the top of a hill at Horn Pond in Woburn. It offers both city views and pond/town views on the other side.

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Nice skyline photos, I love those ones from out in the country.

FxCam_1324651305028.jpg

FxCam_1324651490885.jpg

FxCam_1324651337561.jpg

Cool pic, the glare from the building on the right makes the building behind it look like a skinny skyscraper!

From the BU Bridge

set

photo.php

Comm Ave at BU Central

photo.php

Views near Maverick in Eastie
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Best day ever: Boston Park Ranger confronts dog owners for having their pets (illegally) off leashes on the Boston Common.

copper.jpg

FxCam_1324651359095.jpg

We don't have these signs in Maine so I found it amusing for a second:
FxCam_1324653040195.jpg

FxCam_1324651703180.jpg

They give out special plates for people with HPV now?

I wonder what the HP - V Plate is though, for real. I've seen these signs a couple times in recent months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back