Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part IX (2016)

JLPtNH2.jpg

I live 3 stops from downtown and your view destroys what I see. The buildings just look much taller here.

this is probably my favorite skyline shot i've ever seen. amazing.

Thanks! Obviously zoomed and did a bit of contrast/color correction/sharpening. Also cropped out most of the sky and a bit of the foreground.

I live 3 stops from downtown and your view destroys what I see. The buildings just look much taller here.

This is a zoom from Prospect Hill in Waltham. (Little Prospect, where the better view is) The angle and distance really allow the buildings to pop above the tree-line, and better shows their true heights relative to one another. In real life it looks fantastic but is probably around 10 miles away.

Thanks! Obviously zoomed and did a bit of contrast/color correction/sharpening. Also cropped out most of the sky and a bit of the foreground.

This is a zoom from Prospect Hill in Waltham. (Little Prospect, where the better view is) The angle and distance really allow the buildings to pop above the tree-line, and better shows their true heights relative to one another. In real life it looks fantastic but is probably around 10 miles away.

Got ya. Would you say its comparable to the Quincy Quarries? That is a great view as well but its pretty far away. Still great none the less.

Got ya. Would you say its comparable to the Quincy Quarries? That is a great view as well but its pretty far away. Still great none the less.

Haven't been to the quarries, just most of the Blue Hills. Waltham feels closer than that. Similar distance to Horn Pond view on Nolan Trail in Woburn, but I prefer this angle, which most resembles Mount Auburn's.

This is exactly what it looks like from there. I've actually sat on the exact rock this picture was taken from. Its really a cool place to check out. Via apstatic.com

105909040_large_c5d1e7.jpg

Flickr

8577514121_d6c93da6c3.jpg

6828206408_a7a1ac7ede_z.jpg

Its almost like an exact inverse of the waltham view, pretty cool.

Back