Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part XII (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This... sounds like irony... but I'm not sure :?:

I was serious, no irony. A few buildings here and there and a few less trees would help. We all went through this discussion when the Greenway was first being considered and planned. It was about a 50/50 split on here as I recall on buildings/pocket parks/staggered street pattern versus 100% green space and parallel highways (as it turned out).

Too late now with 4F protection and all, but it would have been interesting to have more of an urban mix rather than the monolithic park strip.

Nice photo, but the Greenway here reminds me of a post-apocalyptic scene in a sci-fi flick where nature it taking back a deserted city. Its a bit too lush, green and overgrown for my tastes.

what are your feelings on the common? central park?

"too lush, too green"???

i think you're essentially alone in this take.

purely green spaces smack-dab in the middle of the density, concrete, and high-rises of a big city serve a great purpose, are all-too-rare (boston is lucky to have the parks we have), and are beloved for a reason.

what are your feelings on the common? central park?

"too lush, too green"???

i think you're essentially alone in this take.

purely green spaces smack-dab in the middle of the density, concrete, and high-rises of a big city serve a great purpose, are all-too-rare (boston is lucky to have the parks we have), and are beloved for a reason.

I probably am in the very small minority on this. Parks are fine but this particular corridor could have been a bit more variegated. I'm just a fan of some urban fabric intertwined with the suburbia in this key location

The Greenway is good.

The assholes that oppose the building of anything near it are bad.

I probably am in the very small minority on this. Parks are fine but this particular corridor could have been a bit more variegated. I'm just a fan of some urban fabric intertwined with the suburbia in this key location

I kind of get what you're saying, though I disagree. The "suburban" comment is where it goes off the rails for me. I don't see anything particularly suburban about the Greenway. Monotypic perhaps, but I'd need to hear you flesh out your thinking more to understand what you meant by "suburban".

I kind of get what you're saying, though I disagree. The "suburban" comment is where it goes off the rails for me. I don't see anything particularly suburban about the Greenway. Monotypic perhaps, but I'd need to hear you flesh out your thinking more to understand what you meant by "suburban".

"Suburban" in this case would be a highway corridor of wide one-way streets and ramps flanking an open space.

DSC_2260 (2).JPG

DSC_2377 (3).JPG

DSC_2367 (2).JPG

DSC_2403 (2).JPG

Great pic Poolio, are those all civil engineering students learning how to use laser levels?

Thanks, yeah, something like that. I just assumed it was some kind of surveying equipment. Was surprised to see them all out there on a Saturday. We were there for a college tour today for my daughter, who's interested in the bio engineering program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back