Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part XVII (2023)

First time seeing one of these in the wild. Understandable since near the airport, but gives off dystopian / futuristic vibes...
IMG_20230206_092707183_HDR.jpg

Realizing it's veering off-topic (sorry), but Fairhaven's got more than its fair share of stunning civic architecture, including possibly the grandest public HS in the land. View attachment 33953
Yes, apologies for continuing off topic, but also check out the Millicent Library, Unitarian Church, Rogers School, and Our Ladies Haven (formerly Tabitha Inn). All of these as well as the Town Hall and High School were built and donated by the same benefactor.

Fairhaven is an architectural gem right across the bay from New Bedford. This building is the one that stood out to me the most.

Also I saw a bird that had been ripped in half at the Fort Phoenix State Reservation. That's basically my only experience with Fairhaven.

^^^Good shots from Winthrop. In your first pic that yellow block with the spiky gold crown is the Madonna Shrine. If you haven't been up there, you should as it has a great skyline view from its elevated plaza.

^^^Good shots from Winthrop. In your first pic that yellow block with the spiky gold crown is the Madonna Shrine. If you haven't been up there, you should as it has a great skyline view from its elevated plaza.

You know what, I first tried to go there in 2020 and have been back at least three times (including shooting a house literally 100 feet from the plaza and backyard views towards the skyline BUT trees blocked all the money shots) and every time it's been closed for whatever reason, be it COVID, wrong time of day, or the reconstruction they were doing last year. But now that that's all out of the way I really have to think this will be the year.

You know what, I first tried to go there in 2020 and have been back at least three times (including shooting a house literally 100 feet from the plaza and backyard views towards the skyline BUT trees blocked all the money shots) and every time it's been closed for whatever reason, be it COVID, wrong time of day, or the reconstruction they were doing last year. But now that that's all out of the way I really have to think this will be the year.

Yeah there was reconstruction for a while and I found myself climbing over the barrier and wading through tall grass to capture a similar view down the street here:

However, it was open the last couple times I went back, typically during the daytime on the weekend. Your best bet is to go in the morning hours, because the lighting is much better before the sun's glare becomes a factor later in the day.

Back