Porter Square Infill and Small Developments

What's going on with the site next to Christopher's? I haven't seen anybody working on it in months. It looks like they excavated and took off, unless they've been doing work in the hole?

Hmm, looks like they are leaving the back side of the lot as a parking lot. No like.

The plans say the surface parking is for Lesley. There's going to be a 3 level mechanical car lift for the residents.
So: surface parking and a low density building 100 ft. from a T stop. And they call this transit oriented development.
The plus is 3 retail spots one of which will be a convenience store replacement for Gourmet Express.

Last edited:

The sidewalk outside this building (formerly housing Miso Market) is fenced off, a temporary one has been placed in the street with jersey barriers. I guess that means demolition is imminent?

Also, here is an angle on the hotel going up next to Christopher's;

MSXfVnu.jpg

Schweet! Maybe I forgot or completely missed the Miso Market development, but I'm glad to see more single-storey retail getting built up, though for the last two developments mentioned here, I'd much rather see no on-site parking at all. I mean... seriously? Less than a 5-minute walk from a T stop and developers/existing residents still worry about not being able to find people to rent/buy a place without cars/people coming to the neighbourhood to compete for on-street parking?

Recently went to Christopher's after having seen the plans for it, completely forgetting about it, and then seeing this to my first visit in about a year. It was a pleasant surprise but I'm wondering: how long has it just been standing like this? It looks exactly the same as it did 2 weeks ago. Have they stalled on outside work while they continue to fit out the building inside?

That hotel has been moving at a snail's pace.

Schweet! Maybe I forgot or completely missed the Miso Market development, but I'm glad to see more single-storey retail getting built up, though for the last two developments mentioned here, I'd much rather see no on-site parking at all. I mean... seriously? Less than a 5-minute walk from a T stop and developers/existing residents still worry about not being able to find people to rent/buy a place without cars/people coming to the neighbourhood to compete for on-street parking?

You know, honestly, for the price of what new apartments and condo's are going for in the region at this point, I expect parking even if the T is across the street. If things were cheaper I wouldn't care, but at these high price points it's getting factored in as a perk.

At least the Miso Market replacement will hide the Long Funeral Service abomination from Porter Square proper.

I'd like to think of this hotel as being next to "Toad" ;)

i was thinking when i saw it last time i was there how worried i am that somehow this negatively affects toad... it's one of those places that's too good to be around here and im always nervous will cease to be....

Back