Portland - Franklin Street redesign and redevelopment

Also, John, thanks for the info...I didn't think the buffer was part of the Promenade, but you are probably exactly correct on that. I didn't think of it.

Patrick, 9 commercial is basically connected or right next to Benkay on the corner of India. Def closer than CBD. Being half italian I'm looking forward to this, lol.

On a side note, my cousin owns and runs Maple's Organic Gelato. Oh man, if you guys want some good gelato pick it up at Whole Foods or at her sopo retail store sometime.

Back to Crema, I think every little spot you can get around there to attract people helps. Getting that dirt pile of crap across from the garage developed is the real key to everything in that area though. Shame that project fell through cause the plans looked great.

Patrick, 9 commercial is basically connected or right next to Benkay on the corner of India. Def closer than CBD. Being half italian I'm looking forward to this, lol.

On a side note, my cousin owns and runs Maple's Organic Gelato. Oh man, if you guys want some good gelato pick it up at Whole Foods or at her sopo retail store sometime.

Back to Crema, I think every little spot you can get around there to attract people helps. Getting that dirt pile of crap across from the garage developed is the real key to everything in that area though. Shame that project fell through cause the plans looked great.

I agree that project is key (or something on that site)...the other small adjoining development lot on the garage site where the India St. office building was to have gone needs to be developed, too. There are a number of really great places on Middle St. in that area--East Ender, Duck Fat, Ribolitas, Hugos, Bresca, etc. Not to mention things like Food Works, Micuccis, and the Pepper Club. Oh and Tow Fat Cats as well. Crema will just continue this neat little niche neighborhood of restaurants.

Without trying to picture where 9 wommercial street is (the comm st extension is technically Thames St., so I am picturing it west of the Hilton?), I think CBD is pretty close (on India st.) to the cruise ship folks. Certainly this will be in a more desirable direction, but is it going to be closer?

The new coffee shop will be two buildings away from the intersection of Commercial & India, CBD is up India Street as you know, maybe 1000 feet.

Oh nice, thanks for clarifying. If I'm not mistaken, that is some sort of kitchen store or something now, right? I know its not Old Port Specialty Tiles (one block behind it), but it's something similar I think. A great spot for coffee.

Back