Portland International Jetport | PWM

Image 11-15-23 at 1.48 PM.jpg

PWM had it's busiest October ever and is now 57,263 enplanements ahead of the 2019 record year with only two months remaining.

October busier than September feels unusual, no?
I think part of that was AA's daily to DFW. That route was Sunday-only for most of the summer but for some reason went to daily from mid-September through the end of October.

In general the "bookend" seasons of Summer (April and May, September and October) have gotten more popular for travelers in recent years.

I think November will be surprisingly high as well. Breeze just launched their Fort Myers service with the A220 operating it. Flight sold out like most Florida flights with Breeze out of Portland.
With usually 7 flights a week in and 7 out of PWM with Breeze, all on the A220, which holds 135, That’s another 7000+ passengers in November!

It looks like Breeze may be adding PWM-JAX (Jacksonville) soon. Not bookable yet but it shows up as an option on the Breeze website

1700960094039.png

I flew in and out of JAX once; it's a 90 minute drive to Orlando but IIRC I saved on tourist fees (or maybe the fares were just cheaper) compared to MCO.

Nice find Cosakita and an excellent destination being only an hour south of Brunswick, GA and the Golden Isles and just an hour north of St Augustine and the many beaches in between. Savannah, Ga would also be a great addition in the future by Breeze!

Last edited:
I am looking forward to SRQ to come back which was briefly flown by Elite the other would be Vero ⛱️...... why is the jetport looking at expanding the garage in 10 years, it was supposed to be expanded 2 years ago in phase 3 then the final phase in 5

I won't be taking any of these flights to DeSantisland anytime soon.....but it's good for PWM business!

JAX is an interesting destination. I flew into it about 10 years ago for a conference "downtown," and the cab ride took nearly an hour as I recall. The downtown was not very dense, a few tall buildings but very little street level activity. There was a waterfront entertainment venue that was mostly empty on a Saturday afternoon. From the air, the city seemed to sort of sprawl off in every direction for miles.

Anyway you could theoretically drive to Savannah or Orlando in about two hours from JAX, so it could be an appealing option for some people.

Lots of beaches popular with Maine snow birds accessible from JAX - Amelia Island, St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra, etc.

Hyatt is planning a hotel near the Jetport to open in 2025. Will this be leased on Jetport land? are they going to use this building as a sound barrier between the parking lot and KAREN from Stroudwater? They also own the Hilton Garden Inn as well.

Mainebiz couldn't figure out the exact location when the ownership group was pressed so I guess we'll have to wait and see. My guess would be to the left of the Embassy Suites or in between the Hilton Garden and Maine Department of Health and Services Building which are both on Jetport Blvd.

Image 12-5-23 at 2.39 PM.jpg

Last edited:
3AC27969-3E4C-4085-9C14-B3C84511FE41.jpeg

I think and hope it is here. Seems like this would be a good spot, right next to the new parking lot across the street that they will pave. Also even closer to Karen!!

I drove by the other day, and there was a large excavator parked here, closer to the Congress Street entrance. Perhaps it was used for a soil test on that part of the property?
1701810688580.png

If it was maybe 6 or 7 stories with a rooftop restaurant and lounge it would have some good views of the airport traffic. I fly in and out of a lot of airports, as some on this blog do too, and I can't think of an airport with a hotel that has a view of that. None. I remember LAX used to have a funky elevated restaurant/bar combo with a Star Trek theme, but the views weren't high enough. I think the Klingons demolished it.

Back