Portland International Jetport | PWM

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 1.36.33 PM 2.png

JetBlue could have had a decent impact with the Portland market if they would have been consistent with their service and expanded beyond NYC. They have alienated many loyal travelers in Maine and I wish them the best with their efforts at PQI which makes zero sense to me. Burlington is bringing out their heavy hitters in hopes of JetBlue returning to BTV in the future. If they due abandon PWM, that Scandal song "Goodbye To You" from the 80's comes to mind! :)

Just noticed that Breeze has quietly doubled the amount of lift between PWM and Fort Myers from now through the end of April. Going from 2 to 4x weekly with some weeks having an additional 5th flight. TPA remains at 2x weekly but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes.

With the schedule extended into January, for Breeze:
MCO, CHS, TPA extended to Jan, RDU-moved from seasonal to non-seasonal and extended to Jan. Looks like more flights to be utilized as Breeze thru into RDU aka HUB?
RSW goes dark from May to Sept then goes 5X Oct into Jan
ORF Seasonal
PIT Seasonal
ISP Seasonal
JAX ends when PIT ends, are they going to move this to Breeze-Thru RDU into the Winter?
Waiting on Vero Beach-an old elite airways run that was popular with Mainers same with SRQ
Future runs still ?? MSY, LAS, Myrtle Beach, San Diego/LAX
Will Breeze open a base in FLL?

I would LOVE direct flights to FLL. That's our favorite cruise port.

For new nonstops I'd put my money on VRB, PBI or FLL. MSY or SAV also seem like solid possibilities. LAS or LAX would be amazing but I don't think we're -quite- there yet...Although keep in mind that Breeze is getting 50+ new A220's within the next 3 years...I feel like it's only a matter of time until we get a transcon with Breeze.

I'm wondering if Breeze will ever open a crew base at PWM. They have crew bases at BDL and PVD and in the short time that they've been at the Jetport they've already become the largest airline by number of destinations.

Last edited:
Breeze is starting service to MHT on June 14 with 2X weekly to MCO, CHS (seasonal) and RSW (seasonal October). This is probably in response to Spirit closing up shop and will be an excellent addition for Manchester. Smart marketing move by Breeze which now has a footprint in Northern New England's three busiest airports in PWM, BTV and MHT.

Last edited:
Breeze is starting service to MHT on June 14 with 2X weekly to CHS, MCO, RSW (October) and TPA (breeze thru CHS). This is probably in response to Spirit closing up shop and will be an excellent addition for Manchester. Smart marketing move by Breeze which now has a footprint in Northern New England's three busiest airports in PWM, BTV and MHT.
Good news for MHT, I just hope this doesn't cambialize their passengers from PWM.

My initial thought also but I think that ship has sailed and Breeze would have to really ramp up service above and beyond what PWM has to offer for Manchester to gain any leakage from our catchment area. That hour and a half drive was once tolerable for loyal Southwest flyers back in the day to save a few bucks but since SWA started serving Portland those numbers dropped almost overnight. Now, if you live in the Portsmouth/Dover area you may have a slight dilemma to make if your flying Breeze, do you head north on the turnpike to PWM or head west on 101 to MHT? :confused:

Last edited:
The jetport does bring in a lot of people from the Lakes area of NH, but I don't think it will affect PWM that much seeing a lot of passengers flock to BOS from Manchester. Basically, Breeze is replacing Spirit's flights at MHT.

I’m surprised Breeze didn’t go to PSM instead of MHT. Nothing seems to last at MHT. Avelo (which just joined) is only around 30% full on average out of MHT.
They are not a threat to PWM when talking about Breeze. They have established themselves in Portland and there are more routes to choose from at PWM.
I hope Breeze does well at MHT but I see both Avelo, Breeze, and Suncountry leaving there by 2026.
PSM would have fit Breezes small coastal town market too. Too bad

I’m surprised Breeze didn’t go to PSM instead of MHT. Nothing seems to last at MHT. Avelo (which just joined) is only around 30% full on average out of MHT.
They are not a threat to PWM when talking about Breeze. They have established themselves in Portland and there are more routes to choose from at PWM.
I hope Breeze does well at MHT but I see both Avelo, Breeze, and Suncountry leaving there by 2026.
PSM would have fit Breezes small coastal town market too. Too bad
I think PSM would be too close to PWM and the they'd each cannibalize each others passengers for certain markets like Orlando.

MHT struggles to retain service but so does PSM. Frontier pulled out of Pease after less than a year, and Allegiant has been slowly scaling back service there....Gradually cutting routes and frequencies for the past 2 years.

Last edited:
Good point. I think both PSM and MHT are just too close to PWM, BOS, and even BTV to bring new service in. Breeze could prove me wrong! But it’s happened with Delta, Allegiant, Spirit, Frontier, and even United and Southwest at PSM and MHT respectively

I am surprised not to see CLE added in the mix. At some point, I would like to know Frontiers Dart Board strategy. BOS, PWM, and BDL are the only Frontier stations in New England. With this addition, it brings total destinations to 5. Boston has 5 destinations CVG, PHL, RDU, MCO, and San Juan. BDL has 4. I know F9 is biting at the bit to go to San Juan and other warm locations from PWM, but we have to wait till the FIS is constructed...

PSM has always been the odd duck of airports. I flew Pan Am several years ago, that was a mistake. Never flew Allegiant, but Punta Gorda is a big run, same goes for BGR. Now with RSW at PWM and MHT, that will bite into Allegiants run to Punta Gorda.

I am surprised not to see CLE added in the mix. At some point, I would like to know Frontiers Dart Board strategy. BOS, PWM, and BDL are the only Frontier stations in New England. With this addition, it brings total destinations to 5. Boston has 5 destinations CVG, PHL, RDU, MCO, and San Juan. BDL has 4. I know F9 is biting at the bit to go to San Juan and other warm locations from PWM, but we have to wait till the FIS is constructed...
Would SJU require the FIS facility? To my understanding flights to Puerto Rico are considered domestic flights.

So I just checked going to ORD for F9
The jetport is going to have to keep the stores open past 6pm LOL, plus the TSA will have to work longer...
1709139499866.png

If it were me, I'd probably head north. 101 is one of my least favorite stretches of highway in New England.
My uncle used to live in the Manchester area before the freeway was built. I'll happily drive the new 101 over the old country road version that had warnings telling you to turn on your headlights and signs counting collisions like McDonald's used to count billions of hamburgers.
Plus, save the four bucks!

A westbound red-eye to Chicago? What time does the plane come into PWM? I'm assuming that timing is due to slot availability at ORD.

Back