Portside at Pier One | 29 Marginal Street (Pier 1, Pier 5) | East Boston

It will be interesting to see what the Eastie waterfront looks like in 15 years.

This is going to sound silly, but I love the alternating, bright colors those dozen portable toilets bring to this site in those above photos. I just moved to Jeffries Point and think some harborside restaurants over here would be wonderful for the neighborhood, not to mention offer the most stunning views of the city across the water. It's easy enough to get to by T, car, or water taxi.

Seriously... I know it's just East Boston, but someday Eastie will really be something, and I hope the entire waterfront doesn't wind up with some short-sighted crap like this. Yich. It's better than abandoned wharves though, and will bring some money in so not all bad, at least.

The salt water air is going to destroy that facade pretty quickly. Unless the whole thing is plastic which might be why it looks so crappy.

They're now leasing Portside at East Pier and have announced pricing. While it's lower than market it more parts of the city, it's still "luxury" pricing if you ask me. At least it's more accessible price-wise, though.

While prices are subject to change prior to opening, we anticipate offering the following floor plans and pricing:

Studio (574-602sf) – Starting at $1850

1 bedroom (730-820sf) – Starting at $2,325

1 bedroom w/Den (854sf) – Starting at $2,550

2 bedroom (1,053-1,232sf) – Starting at $3,250

2 bedroom w/Den (1,407sf) – Starting at $4,025

While it's expensive for Eastie, I really don't think this will take long to rent. Frankly, I think these are the prices the new units in the seaport should have been marketed at.

The salt water air is going to destroy that facade pretty quickly. Unless the whole thing is plastic which might be why it looks so crappy.

Brick and low-density cement fiber board (hardy board). This will have some longevity issues no doubt. (if by longevity you want to have things be low maintenance for more that 15-20 years)

cca

Why are 1br's so big in new construction. 500-600 sq feet is enough for plenty of people.

I know it's just East Boston, but someday Eastie will really be something...

East Boston already is quite something. Using this executive ghetto project as a yardstick to measure the overall value and future fortunes of any community is a mistake not worth making.

Saw an ad for this while waiting for the train and it's called "Portside at East Pier" now.
1421039_798006446909907_8540002067231892872_o.jpg

..so these angles mercifully hide the surface level parking lot in the middle of the horsehoe, which is separated by a fig leaf brick wall from the waterfront here....not impressive, to say the least

IMG_4306.JPG

15525899928_5cf1f31ca0_o.jpg

^ and by the way the pillbox in the middle of the top pic / left of the bottom one is the emergency exit for the blue line

A big lawn, a surface parking lot, and what looks like a nursing home all right on the water. Urrrp...not E. Boston's finest moment. What's the concrete bunker thing in front of the nursing home?

Back