Proposal: Follow up Jersey Shore with a reality show on Massholes

Doesn't everyone already know about these people thanks to Jimmy Fallon, though?

The more I think about it, the shittier this idea sounds. They're not going to depict the true nature of Massholes, they're going to depict the nature of wannabe Jersey Shorers. Muscle Cars and Hairspray? Not exactly passions unique to the Masshole if you ask me. And I haven't seen a bottle of Narragansett, um, almost ever. Everyone drinks Sam Adams and if you're a bit classier, Harpoon. Epic fail, producers of Jersey Shore.

http://www.wickedsummahcasting.com/

The website. There are pictures, right at the top middle is a picture of the Boston Harbor Hotel, with chain in the foreground. I swear to god I've seen this photo on this board before. Castevens, maybe?

I haven't seen a bottle of Narragansett, um, almost ever.

It's huge in Rhode Island. Much more popular than Sam Adams. My sense is that they're aiming for a broad definition of Masshole that includes other parts of New England as well.

Damn, pretty sure it's a Creative Commons license, too bad because I don't think he can get paid. But, Castevens, please keep your photos in the Creative Commons, I almost always use them for my desktop backgrounds!

Damn, pretty sure it's a Creative Commons license, too bad because I don't think he can get paid. But, Castevens, please keep your photos in the Creative Commons, I almost always use them for my desktop backgrounds!

lol thanks for the heads-up.

taking care of it...

They are not allowed to use the image for commercial purposes without purchasing it from him.

Off topic question.
If you see a low-res photo on a flickr account that you would like to have professionally enlarged and printed for framing (in your own residence, not for sale) what is the etiquette for requesting a hi-res (or un-watermarked) version?
Should you just ask? Offer a small fee?

I'd love to see a reality show about the douche-bags who produce reality shows...

^^...trapped on a remote island with no food or fresh water. The last one to die "wins".

I'm in my final year of a doctorate at NU, and I have some contacts in the NU Law program. I've requested to know if I have a case.

^^ Toby, (despite his name) is not our personal law servant.

Those damn meddling kids better stay off my lawn.

Have a case? I've worked in IP before. My advice is to send them a cease and desist letter even before you bother to find out, much less drag everyone through the legal system. Depending on the size of their operation, they may freak and take it down well before they pay their lawyers for a full analysis.

And I'm just asking a law professor, off the clock and not for pay, what the laws say about this matter.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that. I just edited my comment to clarify.

I'd prefer you bog them down in so many legal fees they cancel the show, but that's just me.

Back