Providence Aerials

Reaction score
The photo DZH22 posted 12-28-2022 is probably about five to ten years old. The Brutalist style Fogarty Building across from the RI Convention Center in this photo was demolished in 2017. Many recently built new structures are not in this photo - Marriott Residence Inn (on site of Fogarty building), River House residences, Pedestrian Bridge (2019), 225 Dyer Street, 580 S Water Street residences, Nightingale residences, JWU Bowen Center, Emblem 225, Chestnut Commons, Garrahy Parking Garage, Parcel 6 residential building with Trader Joe's, and the Marriott Aloft Hotel.

Lrfox

Reaction score
The photo DZH22 posted 12-28-2022 is probably about five to ten years old. The Brutalist style Fogarty Building across from the RI Convention Center in this photo was demolished in 2017. Many recently built new structures are not in this photo - Marriott Residence Inn (on site of Fogarty building), River House residences, Pedestrian Bridge (2019), 225 Dyer Street, 580 S Water Street residences, Nightingale residences, JWU Bowen Center, Emblem 225, Chestnut Commons, Garrahy Parking Garage, Parcel 6 residential building with Trader Joe's, and the Marriott Aloft Hotel.
You can also see Fall River/Somerset in the background with the dominant structure(s) being the massive Cooling Towers at Brayton Point. Those were torn down in 2019, I believe. As a city nerd growing up in that area, I loved that you could see the Providence skyline from various points in Fall River - namely driving westbound over the Braga Bridge, from west-facing rooms and waiting areas at Charlton Memorial Hospital, and from the Highland Avenue side of North Park among others.

Reaction score
You can also see Fall River/Somerset in the background with the dominant structure(s) being the massive Cooling Towers at Brayton Point. Those were torn down in 2019, I believe. As a city nerd growing up in that area, I loved that you could see the Providence skyline from various points in Fall River - namely driving westbound over the Braga Bridge, from west-facing rooms and waiting areas at Charlton Memorial Hospital, and from the Highland Avenue side of North Park among others.

I just noticed that Tockwotten on the Waterfront is in the top left corner of the photo. It opened in 2013. The Fogarty Building that is also in the photo was eventually demolished in 2017. That dates the photo to sometime between 2013 and 2017.