Providence Aerials

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
I randomly found this shot in my weekly search and decided it's good enough to start a new thread. Please, post away!

1639205136578.png

This photo is rather recent - probably October/November - 2021. I base this off the fact that the new Aloft Hotel is in a near finished state and the leaves are starting to turn. One oddity of this shot is that the Omni Hotel towers, two of the city's tallest structures, are completely obscured.

Last edited:
This photo is rather recent - probably October/November - 2021. I base this off the fact that the new Aloft Hotel is in a near finished state and the leaves are starting to turn. One oddity of this shot is that the Omni Hotel towers, two of the city's tallest structures, are completely obscured.

I think they're behind the Superman building. You can see the taller one poking out near the upper right, and the lower one poking out one tier down on the left.

Providence is badly handicapped by the inept RI state government. It should punch well above its weight but it is kind of a forgotten city. Good urban bones and arguable the best regional connectivity to the all the major New England cities plus better travel times to NYC than Boston.

Providence is badly handicapped by the inept RI state government.

How, precisely? can you cite concrete examples? Otherwise, this smacks of a stale stereotype.

It should punch well above its weight

Again, how? What does "punch well above its weight" even mean? It's such a empty, tired cliche.

but it is kind of a forgotten city.

Is this a joke? Providence's peer cities in New England, population-wise, are Hartford, Springfield, Worcester, New Haven, etc., etc. If you think Providence is somehow eclipsed in trendiness/sex appeal/media buzz, etc., etc., by that crew, then I have no words.

Good urban bones and arguable the best regional connectivity to the all the major New England cities plus better travel times to NYC than Boston.
Well, yes. No new revelations here, and obviously all of these things help.

Back