Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

Didn't realize this one would cantilever over another building. I hope it's not too extreme. I honestly hate most cantilevered buildings.

This was taken from an earlier filing. Gives you a rough idea of the cantilever over the University Club.
IMG_20210127_171528753.jpg

This was taken from an earlier filing. Gives you a rough idea of the cantilever over the University Club.
Unfortunately -- the rest of the U Club footprint is missing so it is hard to gouge how much is covered by the Tower

I think that I might have found the missing footprint in a filing with the BPDA
COOPERATION AGREEMENT
40 TRINITY PLACE PROJECT
BACK BAY, BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
This COOPERATION AGREEMENT (this ‘Agreement”) is made
March 2018

New Working_01.jpg

I added the Blue line based on a faint line in the filing which apparently marks the boundary between the Club and the adjacent YWCA

from the above it looks as if the Tower Cantilever will overhang between 1/4 and 1/3 of the Club -- that is fairly substantial

Attachments

• 1612997551483.png
    1612997551483.png
    512.8 KB · Views: 99
they're likely including a grab 'n go, bar area, and coffee shop as restaurants. In hotels deals i've worked on those typically get included, it's kind of a catch all for "places that sell things you can eat" not actual sit down restaurants.
Last doc I looked at -- 3 restaurants were mentioned

So when is this Truffles thing going to finish? It really fucks up the traffic at Stuart and Dartmouth and you can’t dime it on the hairpin tunnel coming off the Pike.

So when is this Truffles thing going to finish? It really fucks up the traffic at Stuart and Dartmouth and you can’t dime it on the hairpin tunnel coming off the Pike.

It's due to finish late next year. With all the white collar types gone, traffic could be worse.

I'm unfamiliar with the slang and unsure what you mean about the tunnel.

It's due to finish late next year. With all the white collar types gone, traffic could be worse.

I'm unfamiliar with the slang and unsure what you mean about the tunnel.
I think he is referring to the location of the curb cut for car drop-off at the Raffles. It is going to be really close to the Stuart/Dartmouth intersection, and that intersection, in busy times, was already a clusterf***. Traffic jockeying to get from the Pike to head to Back Bay or South End or down Stuart. The curb cut at the Loews further down Stuart messes with traffic a lot. These hotels never seem to have enough curb space to avoid double parking, standing vehicles in travel lanes, etc.

Unfortunately -- the rest of the U Club footprint is missing so it is hard to gouge how much is covered by the Tower

I think that I might have found the missing footprint in a filing with the BPDA
COOPERATION AGREEMENT
40 TRINITY PLACE PROJECT
BACK BAY, BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
This COOPERATION AGREEMENT (this ‘Agreement”) is made
March 2018

View attachment 10266

I added the Blue line based on a faint line in the filing which apparently marks the boundary between the Club and the adjacent YWCA

from the above it looks as if the Tower Cantilever will overhang between 1/4 and 1/3 of the Club -- that is fairly substantial
So that's the YWCA that's going to be converted to affordable housing, managed by Pine Street? Didn't realize it was so close to Raffles, surprised the developer didn't make a play for that building!

So that's the YWCA that's going to be converted to affordable housing, managed by Pine Street? Didn't realize it was so close to Raffles, surprised the developer didn't make a play for that building!
No -- I don't think the affordable part is connected with the Y property at all
first that building because of it being yWCA as opposed to YMCA -- is likely to be encumbered by a lot of preservation stuff -- so that you can't touch its outsides

But most relevant to the discussion about the Raffles is that when you read the comments from the NIMBYs -- they are all concerned about too-many affordable units being planned for Cortes Street -- a street in Bay Village a couple of blocks away

No -- I don't think the affordable part is connected with the Y property at all
first that building because of it being yWCA as opposed to YMCA -- is likely to be encumbered by a lot of preservation stuff -- so that you can't touch its outsides
WRONG!!!!!

Alternative Facts!!!!!! 😄
Shmessy
Unless I missed it in the NPC
the developer of Raffles is working with the BPDA to provide housing on Cortes
as mentioned above

I don't think the YW building is involved

Looks like this bad boy is gonna start going vertical pretty soon!
If things go forth as now proposed -- the Back Bay can soon have the kind of crane population density of the Seaport of the past couple of years
The key distinction will be the tops of the cranes will be easy to see from the Cambridge side

If things go forth as now proposed -- the Back Bay can soon have the kind of crane population density of the Seaport of the past couple of years
The key distinction will be the tops of the cranes will be easy to see from the Cambridge side

Is there anything else north of 300 feet planned for the Back Bay?

Back Bay Station tower #1 (residences) 34 stories ~413' (approved Nov, 2017)

Back Bay Station tower #2 (offices) 24 stories 390' (approved Nov 16, 2017)

I may be missing a third 'tower'; apologies if so.

Don't forget the Car Gurus HQ over on Mass Ave! At 20 stories it won't eclipse 300', but it will have a presence on the western edge of the skyline (especially from the River.

Back