Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

Cortes

Reaction score
Yes, two vertical pieces that are braced to the core and a longer horizontal piece are up there as of this afternoon; this configuration is similar to what was placed on the building months back before being removed.
Thank goodness. Even though the consensus on Arch was that that the crown was just on hold, it is great to see it being actually constructed.

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
Is this crown the full height that was expected? I'm just wondering if we'll need to revise down the height at all. In fact, I don't even know what is correct to begin with, but have seen both 446' and 452'.

king_vibe

Reaction score
I’m not so sure. There are a lot of reasons why that cladding could be there. If any portion of that roof space is accessible to to the public, you may need sound attenuation for mechanical equipment.

The glazed crown has been at the center of Raffles’s marketing campaign from the jump. Their website still shows it with the crown. The steel and the glass would have been submitted and approved quite a while ago, and we know that it exists because we saw some of it. I would bet that there were fitup or dimensional problems that need addressing before construction can resume.
Nailed it.

cburns

Reaction score
I saw this up close and it's actually a black fabric/netting. Definitely doesn't appear permanent, but an odd application. I've never seen a penthouse screen in recent Boston construction have this netting attached to it ahead of the final glass/ panels.

Arenacale

Reaction score
Might be fall/debris protection while they're working on the other side.

Gunner02

Reaction score
geez. this whole thing.. I remember building my first crown 🙄