Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

Boston is killing the game of building lots of ~20-25 fl micro-scrapers 😂

The Back Bay skyline is starting to look like the New Brunswick skyline, more and more.

IMG_20210910_092958719_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210910_093142812_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210910_093500685_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210910_093532814_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210910_093722522_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210910_093820207_HDR.jpg

Really hope this fills in the gap better than expected. Heading west on the pike its already pretty prominent between the pru n hancock. Looks like its going to fill in that side pretty well.

Just a guess but me thinks that the top of the crane shown in the above pics is about the max height of the building based on the spec. ~400'

Just a guess but me thinks that the top of the crane shown in the above pics is about the max height of the building based on the spec. ~400'

The height will be notably higher at 446', I think. (In any event, I have no clue as to what visual benchmark the tower will rise. I know it's not taller than the Old Hancock, but I don't know what part of that building's spire this building will top out at).

Should be able to get an idea from this render

RIP Copley Place Tower. Still don't really grok why Simon didn't go through with that project... All the ultra-luxury projects seemed to have panned out, just a really bad misread on the market by them.

RIP Copley Place Tower. Still don't really grok why Simon didn't go through with that project... All the ultra-luxury projects seemed to have panned out, just a really bad misread on the market by them.

Not really. Still ~50 unsold units at One Dalton. Only six or seven have closed at the Sudbury since May. Resales in lux/ultra-lux buildings are few and far between and often at a loss. Without the international investor demo that made MT these buildings are much tougher sells than you'd like to think. The Seaport seems to be the only place doing moderately well and not that I'd place it in the ultra-lux category with One Dalton and the Sudbury but even Echelon appears to still have a surprisingly high number of unsold units.

You'd think with a whole tower you could remake it as many more, smaller apartments though? Maybe the price per sqft still doesn't pencil though?

Back