Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

Verrrry prominent from Mass Ave in Central Square. All taken this morning about an hour apart
222D1B8A-4C65-4B5C-B7C7-46195ECB7224.jpeg
2D7C147C-39EC-4BE9-A033-6A85DC9BC0FD.jpeg
2ECBF7A0-F69D-4167-89FA-CB83DA92B054.jpeg

Verrrry prominent from Mass Ave in Central Square. All taken this morning about an hour apartView attachment 20386View attachment 20387View attachment 20388

I love finding out the new sightlines that come from new buildings. One Ill always remember was seeing north station tower all the way from mt auburn hospital after it went up, its the only building you can see but it just so happened to be in a spot that made it visible from that far.

That's a cool pic. Nice! Unfortunately, the very close proximity of the Raffles tower will only diminish the iconic JHT.

According to the renders, the very top should end up being right around the bottom of the cab of the crane.

Am I the only one who completely disagrees with this and think this tower makes the Hancock look better? Or at least I don't see it diminishing it.

I like the Hancock tower, but I've always thought it looked a little "out of place" with no taller buildings around it. I don't see Raffles or other any recent proposals taking anything away from the Hancock tower in my opinion.

I like the Hancock tower, but I've always thought it looked a little "out of place" with no taller buildings around it. I don't see Raffles or other any recent proposals taking anything away from the Hancock tower in my opinion.
Agreed. I've always thought the JHT and Pru look separated from the rest of the city skyline wise. a nice mesh of 300-500 footers scattered between could tie everything up nicely while still retaining the 3 main tower skyline in back bay

Am I the only one who completely disagrees with this and think this tower makes the Hancock look better? Or at least I don't see it diminishing it.
It is not all that bad…and I don’t think it diminishes 200…but we are getting all glass buildings now…with more to come. I like somewhat adventurous architecture.

Right ... let's surround the JHT with a bunch of nondescript midrise towers and watch how that enhances the look of it,

Back