Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

OK. I'm assuming I'm going to get slammed for this, but it's a serious question on my part. In no way am I putting Boston down. (well maybe) When I first learned what Raffles is I learned the amazing cities that had them and frankly I didn't and still don't think Boston compares for various reasons. My biggest issue is location and you know what they say about that. That area is how shall I say, not that nice. There's not much going on and not a lot of things to do just outside the hotel. I now it's easy to walk or subway to whatever they may want, all I'm saying is it doesn't seem to fit, maybe it's just my uneducated opinion. I also still don't get why Boston is one of the few cities in the world with two Four Seasons. Is that busy or has Covid slow that?

This area is not that nice??? This hotel is a one minute walk from Copley Square and about a three minute walk from Newbury Street, arguably the most active retail and dining strip in the whole city. What is your definition of a "nice area"??

7EEB98F6-D745-4C59-BD80-A22127F7E0DF.jpeg
D14FA601-B509-42A9-8B7C-E1203876929D.jpeg

The glass on this looks nothing like the hancock. It has either a much deeper blue or a more silvery finish. The hancock to me seems to have a tinge of green to it in most cases.

Yes, especially under direct sunlight, it looks significantly different. The street level is also very different, which in many ways is a bigger deal, considering the building won't really stand out much on the skyline.

This area is not that nice??? This hotel is a one minute walk from Copley Square and about a three minute walk from Newbury Street, arguably the most active retail and dining strip in the whole city. What is your definition of a "nice area"??
I agree, Copley, Boylston St. and especially Newbury St. have some of the finest retail and dining in the City. I think the point he/she was making is that directly out front and next door is the Back Bay train station which is not a 'nice area'.

This is similar to Millennium Tower in DTX, not a 'nice area' right on your door step and this has lead to a number of folks selling up and moving. To a lesser degree, One Dalton is similar, not a great 'front door area' if you head the wrong way down Mass to Cass.

I should have been clearer about that. I did mention you could walk or subway to everything great around there. All I was referring to was street level Just outside the hotel. I'll admit I haven't been in Boston since Covid, but from past knowledge and present pictures it's not an ideal place to set up one of the highest end hotels in the world. As you mentioned if they had built this at Copley Square or Newbury St. it would Look nicer and be right in the action. If I'm not making my opinion clear enough, I apologize.

I agree, Copley, Boylston St. and especially Newbury St. have some of the finest retail and dining in the City. I think the point he/she was making is that directly out front and next door is the Back Bay train station which is not a 'nice area'.

This is similar to Millennium Tower in DTX, not a 'nice area' right on your door step and this has lead to a number of folks selling up and moving. To a lesser degree, One Dalton is similar, not a great 'front door area' if you head the wrong way down Mass to Cass.
You got my point. I have also been wondering about MT and One Dalton for the same reason. The question is, why can't they do something about it. God knows they spent enough on the towers, what's a little more cash to make ground level a nice place.

You got my point. I have also been wondering about MT and One Dalton for the same reason. The question is, why can't they do something about it. God knows they spent enough on the towers, what's a little more cash to make ground level a nice place.

I expect the very immediate area will get a bit better with the Back Bay station redevelopment. But, yeah, directly on that street is a bit barren, although I would say the main cause is the massive parking garage, and not really sure what they can do about that.

I definitely get the point about Stuart St. specifically. But I do think it's about to change, at least for a block or two in each direction from this development. The Back Bay garage re-development will be good, the things happening on Stanhope St. are a plus, and regardless, this spot is directly across the street from an architectural gem. As for the walk to other places, it's about 60 seconds to Copley Square, one of the best urban spots this country has to offer. I don't think the Stuart St. address will be much of an issue.

I definitely get the point about Stuart St. specifically. But I do think it's about to change, at least for a block or two in each direction from this development. The Back Bay garage re-development will be good, the things happening on Stanhope St. are a plus, and regardless, this spot is directly across the street from an architectural gem. As for the walk to other places, it's about 60 seconds to Copley Square, one of the best urban spots this country has to offer. I don't think the Stuart St. address will be much of an issue.
I agree the Back Bay redevelopment will help. Pine Street moving in to the building next door will prove more challenging for Raffles buyers, although it is a critically needed addition for the City's homeless crisis.

Cute, indeed, this video is freakin adorable, and a perfect introduction of the new Raffles to Boston. I have to say how proud I am that Raffles chose Boston as their first venture in North America. Another feather (no pun intended) in Boston's cap! We'll certainly make sure to stop over for a drink when Raffles opens it's doors when we're in town though I have a feeling that the Raffles drinking spots will be tough to get into for quite a while.

That's so cute!! The ducklings have a new home in Boston, smack dab in the middle of the night life!! Hah!! :)

I agree the Back Bay redevelopment will help. Pine Street moving in to the building next door will prove more challenging for Raffles buyers, although it is a critically needed addition for the City's homeless crisis.

Wait…what ?

Wait…what ?

It's the proposal for the YWCA. I'm unsure if it has gone anywhere since 2020.

It's the proposal for the YWCA. I'm unsure if it has gone anywhere since 2020.

There's already SRO homes there. It's a nothingburger.

Back