Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

I wonder what $18+ million would get you these days at one of the Four Seasons condos or the Mandarin. And what do they plan to do with the 15th-floor pied-à-terre 13 floors below? Overnight for staff?

$12.4M at One Dalton (also a $38M listing available…)

1 Dalton Street, Unit 4703/4704, Boston, MA, 02115 - 5 BD/6 BA - $12,400,000
https://compass.com/listing/1279777781553309105/view

$13M at Mandarin (also a $39M listing available…)

776 Boylston Street, Unit E10A, Boston, MA, 02199 - 3 BD/2.5 BA - $12,990,000
https://compass.com/listing/1226218590918961689/view

Both of these are over $3k/sf and obviously in amazing buildings. What they can’t get you is a white boxed blank canvas that can be customized from the start (and in the case of Mandarin you can’t get a high floor either). Plus there’s the allure of the newest building and maybe some weird idiosyncrasies like proximity to the office or Back Bay Station or whatever.

And yeah I’m guessing the second unit is for the help, maybe for guests. I’ve seen some ultra lux listings in NYC list package deals for the nanny or driver (or security if needed).

Combining 2 units = double the HOA fee. I guess if you are dropping $12M at 1 Dalton, you are not so concerned, but I would bet is is around $5-6K per month. Cute that they left it our of the listing.

I wonder what $18+ million would get you these days at one of the Four Seasons condos or the Mandarin. And what do they plan to do with the 15th-floor pied-à-terre 13 floors below? Overnight for staff?
Or maybe a guest house. Do they have kids, perhaps it's for one of them. Who knows? The logic behind these things may only make sense to the folks who can afford to throw money at such purchases, and not so much to the rest of us.

It’s popping up all over…

IMG_2171.jpeg
IMG_2172.jpeg
IMG_2156.jpeg

Great (or at least decent...) minds think alike -- I'll soon (well, November) be staying at the FS/1 Dalton for similar reasons (and will post pix).

I'm a big fan of that Four Seasons and this Raffles stay is really to compare. At FS the Back Bay Suite is crazy luxe but the Executive Suite has the better layout if more than one guest is staying. Enjoy!

I'm a big fan of that Four Seasons and this Raffles stay is really to compare. At FS the Back Bay Suite is crazy luxe but the Executive Suite has the better layout if more than one guest is staying. Enjoy!

thanks much! the stay is a bday present from bandmember (who doesn't understand my obsession with boston development, but understands it's a thing) and im stoked!

In some pics, it looks like there's a small spire that sits atop the tower!! :)

Back