Real Estate Development Market in Boston

BostonUrbEx

Reaction score
I'm doing a paper on Supply & Demand concerning development in Boston. I need to name a handful of property owners and/or developers for the supply side. I'm not sure who the most prominent ones are. Vornado is a big name, but I'm not sure if he's a big player in the market since their only venture is Filene's AFAIK. Any help in that aspect would be appreciated, my hands will be full with all the other research.

I'm doing a paper on Supply & Demand concerning development in Boston. I need to name a handful of property owners and/or developers for the supply side. I'm not sure who the most prominent ones are. Vornado is a big name, but I'm not sure if he's a big player in the market since their only venture is Filene's AFAIK. Any help in that aspect would be appreciated, my hands will be full with all the other research.

Try

Dean F. Stratouly - The Congress Group Ventures
Donald J. Chiofaro -- the Chiofaro Company
The Drew Company -- John E. Drew
Gale International and Morgan Stanley Real Estate -- seaport sq.
Joseph Fallon -- the Fallon Company -- Fan pier
Steven Karp -- New England Development -- Pier 4
Boston Properties -- Prudential Center
Simon property Group -- Copley Place Tower

Vornado also did the Bryant Back Bay condominiums recently among other big projects in the city.

Also check out Lincoln-Phoenix Properties.

And of course you need to explore General Growth Properties. They control Quincy Market.

Try

Dean F. Stratouly - The Congress Group Ventures
Donald J. Chiofaro -- the Chiofaro Company
The Drew Company -- John E. Drew
Gale International and Morgan Stanley Real Estate -- seaport sq.
Joseph Fallon -- the Fallon Company -- Fan pier
Steven Karp -- New England Development -- Pier 4
Boston Properties -- Prudential Center
Simon property Group -- Copley Place Tower

I would add Equity Office Properties, Jones Lang LaSalle and Blackstone to that list.

General Growth is no longer associated with Quincy Market.

Clarendon Properties owns Marketplace Center which includes the 200 State St tower.

NE Development also owns (and developed) the CambridgeSide Galleria and surrounding Canal Park complex. It remains as one of the only independent malls in the state and is by far the most successful. The rest have been Simonized or GGP'd.

When did that happen? And who owns Quincy Marketplace now?

Ashkenazy Acquisition Corp bought the lease for FHM for $136m. The City of Boston technically owns FHM and was leasing it to GGP. Ashkenzay bought the leases.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...zy-to-hold-lease-of-faneuil-hall-marketplace/

Last edited:

Back