Revere Beach Developments/infill | Revere

God, that giant wall of ugly condos looks like shit compared to beautiful Revere.

I was not saying that Revere was nice. My point was that Miami Beach has turned into a giant wall of condos and to me, it's unattractive.

I love the art deco in MIA. If you go to South Beach, though, beware. It is kind of trashy on a warm night, and not in a good way. All the restaurants on Ocean Drive have barkers / hosts out front and they practically accost you to get you to go in to eat. It gets tired, fast.

Often, they offer two for one which can be applied to both food and/or drinks.

They've started serving drinks in big 24-ounce cups (maybe 32-oz, I lost track). They don't seem too watered-down. Of course, they cost $24-$30 each. So, you're basically buying two $12 drinks. More like $6 each for four. Not bad at all. Plus, you can get them in to-go cups!

The hosts at those restaurants are horrid, they get in your face and it is very annoying. That and they put tables on both sides of the sidewalk so people walking by could easily grab something off your plate. The drink deals are a massive scam. I was down there a few years ago and my friends and I were like hey, that sounds like a good deal. Then we find out each drink was $20 each.

Revere Beach is pretty ugly, both the buildings built next to the beach as well as the beach itself, worlds apart from what is offered in Miami. That said, I do wish there was a great beach that was T-accessible for those summer days when a dip in the ocean is desired.

Click below to see full size:

29258423.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/29258423.jpg

Revere beach has mass potential. You have to realize that ONE of the reasons it became shitty was b/c of the pollution in the water. B/c of Deer Island and new regulations, that water is probably as clean as any other beach in New England. And when you think about it a polluted beach stands no chance of success, a clean one that has trashy people has a simple gentrification solution. Although scum bags from Everett/Malden/Chelsea are allways going to go there, it would be a more mixed crowd. I think buying property near Revere beach would be a good long term investment, well maybe not Shirley Ave.

I guess I'm one of those scum bags from Chelsea. I go running at Revere Beach and the water is still polluted. After it rains there is reddish brown crap in the water and washed up on the sand along the water line. I wouldn't even go bare foot there, although I do see people swimming. I wish I lived in classy and sophisticated Allston so I could run along the Charles.

Living next to a beach that you can use all year is a lot different than living next to one you can use 2 months out of the year and the rest of the time you're just blasted with cold wind and blowing mist and rain. If you want a nice T accessible beach, take the commuter rail to Manchester by the Sea.

I don't think all people from Chelsea are scumbags but if you don't think Chelsea has shitstains, then you don't know Chelsea. MS 13 mean anything to you?

Last edited:
When I can't get to a real beach,I go to Carsons in Dorchester,It's become very nice there and I acually went into the water this year! The boat to Hull(Nantasket)is being brought back this year ,but Hull is not the beach it used to be either(lots of scumbags) but the water is clean!

I don't think all people from Chelsea are scumbags but if you don't think Chelsea has shitstains, then you don't know Chelsea. MS 13 mean anything to you?

Everywhere has shit stains. That was just an ignorant comment you made. MS13 is a gang that resides in more places than just Chelsea; they're all over the country. They make up a small percentage of residents in Chelsea.

Alright, regardless of being offensive to residents of Everett/Malden/Chelsea, you've got to see the GW has a point. Revere Beach can be full of, at time, quite unsavory people. It's never pleasant to be walking along, and seeing a syringe in the sand.

That said, Revere Beach has massive potential. Not through gentrification, but through building an urban seaside. It cannot be modeled after Miami, that would just be silly. They have a year-round playground, we only have that for about three months. But look at what gooseberry said, running is definitely a popular (urban) activity. Build up the seawall and widen the sidewalks, and it would be a much more pleasant run during the winter. I think they already replaced the streetlights, but those need to be more frequent and brighter. That road should definitely be narrowed, and I'd go so far as to say get rid of the parking spaces, and replace them with a wide, designated bike lane. Pollution would be the hardest problem to solve, but I'm sure that with some effort it could be done. Even adding recycling/trash cans around would make a difference.

Let the city and state focus on repairing the beach, and private development will follow.

"Unsavory", "scumbags", come on quit being pretentious. When I lived in Boston I used to go swimming at Revere Beach all the time. The sand was nicer than South Boston and the water was warm. Its a beach, that's a quick drive or train ride away. What more do you want?

I thought this was a city.. all walks of life and all that... oh wait, this is Boston, my mistake. Let me adjust my thinking.

There should be zones that dictate where the untouchables can and can't go so the upper classes don't have to look at them if they don't want to. Why not eliminate all public transportation except for within wealthy areas? Otherwise you're just encouraging undesirables to come into your area and ruin your day.

I definatley feel that I am better than a scumbag.

Why not eliminate all public transportation except for within wealthy areas? Otherwise you're just encouraging undesirables to come into your area and ruin your day.

Ever wonder why the Orange Line wasn't pushed all the way out to 128?

I think buying property near Revere beach would be a good long term investment, well maybe not Shirley Ave.

Wasn't Shirley Avenue historically Jewish, and now largely Asian-immigrant?

Yea, its a mix a lot of asains and what not. And most of these residents are good people, but that street is still very sketchy, good place for illegal fireworks.

Also I never said that those areas are solely made up of scum bags. But why don't you people talk to Malden/Everett/Chelsea police and ask them if they're arn't trouble makers in those cities, you'd be recieving an earful of reality. My only point is that the trouble makers in those cities, whom I've grown up around, exists and b/c they live close to Revere beach they go there. If it helps you politically correct/ street illiterate most of the scumbags I'm talking about are white.

Last edited:
Kelly's at 2 am is truly a sight to behold. Definitely has an air of hooliganism, but the ubiquitous police cruiser seems to keep things from ever getting heated. Anyway, it's got all the character in the world, and in a GOOD way.

Back