Revere Infill and Small Developments

9865996B-B9C9-4872-8F18-FD938DE04B32.jpeg
3D43E658-B035-4C9E-B918-311FCCF20FC0.jpeg
149C7E88-6F15-4110-B5F1-E742A42EB0C1.jpeg

Took a nice ride to beach today, nice sunny day. oh yea!!🕶

Last edited:
I’m not mad at the Aqua Blue/Mint Green color of the insulation/foam that is currently going up. This Art Deco-ish color could be fun amongst the greys of its neighbors.
151323C8-A610-4BB2-9B47-B3E21C8BBB68.jpeg

For Baby Boomers growing up on the near [as in, near to Boston] North Shore, the Cyclone was a very. big. deal. My Dad (1946) and my uncle (1944), raised on that fabled rockpile 2 miles due east of Revere Beach, were lucky enough to be taken there frequently by my grandfather during the Eisenhower era. My dad still speaks about those excursions with solemn reverence.

For Baby Boomers growing up on the near [as in, near to Boston] North Shore, the Cyclone was a very. big. deal. My Dad (1946) and my uncle (1944), raised on that fabled rockpile 2 miles due east of Revere Beach, were lucky enough to be taken there frequently by my grandfather during the Eisenhower era. My dad still speaks about those excursions with solemn reverence.
My father always told us the story of a friend of his who daringly stood up at the peak of the Cyclone....and sadly fell to his death. Glad it was his memory and not mine. I just remember the fun of being at "The Beach"....when I was four a nice man gave me a yellow and green wooden yoyo he had won! Mom craved the pizza and an orange tonic. And the 10 cent games always seemed run by shady characters. We we told that the rickety Virginia Reel was a death trap...yet to this day I wish I had gone on it.

My dad grew up on Campbell Avenue. RHS class of ‘46. Was an usher at the Boulevard Theatre. Spent his youth at Punks Corner and slept on the beach with his friends during the summers after working at my grandfather’s garage. His stories always made it all sound idyllic. And then there was that expanse of amusements, etc. along the beach. I have very vague memories in the late 60s early 70s of some rides but it wasn’t really the heyday at that point. A lot was lost. It is nice that there is development, but the real fun and romance of our nation’s longest public beach is gone with the wind.

Uhh... now that the trash and needles of the 60-80s generation are gone, it's a pretty awesome experience. I do wish a proper set of boardwalk popup store supports/plumbing hookups would be added.

1623334494201.png

Population is steadily growing, although the 35-64 range is projected to grow far faster than the under-19 children. There will be plenty of kids growing up loving the beach, especially now that there are so many homes across the street.
1623334867923.png

Last edited:
P.S. In a delightful coincidence (as I'm sure a number of you are aware), the most famous rock song ever (though in truth I struggle to think of any others, save Bruce Springsteen's "Tunnel of Love") about amusement parks, "Palisades Park," was by Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon

(woe unto those who neglected the "Boom Boom")

Who spent his early years in Revere and Lynn growing up in the shadow of the Cyclone.

Back