Rose Kennedy Greenway

I'm a big fan.

It's a LOT better than the last one. That one was so stupid.

Saw this in person yesterday. Far and away the best one yet.

I like it a lot, too.

The day I was there was cloudier than when Beeline took his pics, and it was pretty hard to read what was going on from any distance; specifically, I couldn't tell those were people in lines. As I got closer and could discern the people, it looked great. In Beeline's pics, which seem to have been from a much brighter day, it looks great.

This is a very minor quibble, and I am open to the idea the artist intended it to read this way, slightly murky from afar, then clearer as one approaches, so as to draw viewers in. If that was his intent, he nailed it.

31110761196_c2cc1f0609_b.jpg

30778865770_b8ea495c1c_b.jpg

31110759066_10a6796456_b.jpg

31110758126_eec592cb9d_b.jpg

30778859290_ed88f9850a_b.jpg

There is not a chance that anything of substance will be built there anytime soon. I have been waiting on anyone to propose anything remotely viable, but I don't feel that there is anyway to make a profit.

Crazy idea: Since MBTA ops building is on one side and the adjacent building an electrical substation — doubtful anything can be built here for safety/security reasons — state buys 51-53 High Street to consolidate with 45 High Street. At the same time state relocates MassDOT offices away from 10 Park Plaza, they can expand MBTA ops offices at 45 High a la Chicago's Blue Cross Blue Shield tower or Tufts School of Dental Medicine and consolidate more transport ops into an expanded operations control centre.

I have always agreed in pulling the state money but how can you depress developments in the area to help the area flourish then tell the businesses you need to start funding the area. You would think the city should be able to maintain the area with the taxes already given to maintain areas like this in the first place.

This is on the city and state to help businesses grow especially the Harbor Garage scenario.

This is on the city and state to help businesses grow especially the Harbor Garage scenario.

It would be unjust to deprive them of the freedom to grow independently of paternalistic big-government interference...

Globe: Yes, a beer garden is coming to the Greenway — run by Trillium

Boston Globe said:
An outdoor beer garden is coming to the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

The Greenway Conservancy has tapped Massachusetts brewery Trillium to operate the open-air space, slated to open this summer. The beer garden will occupy the geographic center of the 1.5-mile park, giving drinkers views of Boston Harbor through the Rowes Wharf arch.

[...]

Organizers hope to get the beer garden up and running in late June, once permits are sorted out with the city. They expect the space to be open three to five days a week (hours to be announced soon), and for it to stay open into October.

Well, hopefully they offer things besides Trillium.
As good as is may be, I'd like to be able to afford more than one per visit.

Their beer hath no peer
While it's not very clear
It's hazy, that's crazy
so saith Tom Brady,
But I'll drink it here,
now that Tom's in the clear
Pour it in the Park
From noon until dark
I'll says it's quite yum
Thanks, the Best, Trillium!

Last edited:
Its hard to think of something that would draw more people to the park than a beer garden run by one of the most in demand breweries in the country. I already eat lunch in the greenway a lot in the summer and now it looks like I'll be visiting regularly later in the day.

^^ With 5 or 6 boutique~moderate sized hotels going up along the Greenway, to go along with a couple of thousand new condominium units to the area. This once, relatively quiet-after-dark area of the City is going to amazing in 6, 7, 8 years....

has there been any updates about the little mini-mart plaza thing going in here?

Back