Roslindale Infill and Small Developments

EFA22F79-15F0-4D45-A684-C50AA620EF64.jpeg

pretty good density for this development at Florence & Cummins. I would like to see Cummins just significantly upzoned all the way to Hyde Park Ave… Rozzie Sq dies out pretty pitifully just south of Washington and the commercial district would potentially extend quite nicely down here.

79C5F6EB-42E2-4C26-B626-A2A260AB2FEA.jpeg

46 Belgrade. I can’t find anything online other than a demolition delay notification. Does anyone know what this is going to be?

Eight unit condo with ground floor retail. A pretty important development for defining that corner of the square, I think.

View attachment 18145
Amazing, thanks. Yes, I agree. Those two blocks of Belgrade are SO undefined due to the low slung buildings, and I am 100% convinced that simply the absence of a streetwall makes cars drive faster there. Hopefully more development to come on this stretch, and road diets, too.

31 units rejected in Roslindale Square. Some of the comments from the ZBA are so outrageous I do not even know where to begin. Bottom line: changes need to be made.

31 units rejected in Roslindale Square. Some of the comments from the ZBA are so outrageous I do not even know where to begin. Bottom line: changes need to be made.
And it should come as no surprise that two members of the ZBA (including the chair) live down the street from where this would be...
So infuriating.

And it should come as no surprise that two members of the ZBA (including the chair) live down the street from where this would be...
So infuriating.

In Christine Araujo’s case, living in the neighborhood has nothing to do with it; this is just what she does. She’s the one who killed a similarly scaled apartment in Nubian Sq apartment building a month or so ago, reading from the same outdated OMG PARKING playbook.

When Michelle Wu campaigned on zoning reform, it’s this exact scenario (mixed-use affordable project near transit killed because CARS!!1!) that she was talking about. Now it’s time for her to follow through.

In Christine Araujo’s case, living in the neighborhood has nothing to do with it; this is just what she does. She’s the one who killed a similarly scaled apartment in Nubian Sq apartment building a month or so ago, reading from the same outdated OMG PARKING playbook.

When Michelle Wu campaigned on zoning reform, it’s this exact scenario (mixed-use affordable project near transit killed because CARS!!1!) that she was talking about. Now it’s time for her to follow through.
Yes I need her to remove christine from chair, regardless of any of the zoning reforms that are also needed.

It is really odd to watch a ZBA meeting when the only questions from the board are about the amount of parking. Even BTD has new, lower parking rates. The ZBA is really out of touch

This is absolutely fucking disgusting. I looked through all the letters on this proposal a few months ago… Literally, it was like 90% in favor, and one or two bitchy pathetic typical Bostonian complainers against it. How the fuck is it possible when there is such a degree of support that these projects get derailed by one or two vocal whiny neighbors?

This is absolutely fucking disgusting. I looked through all the letters on this proposal a few months ago… Literally, it was like 90% in favor, and one or two bitchy pathetic typical Bostonian complainers against it. How the fuck is it possible when there is such a degree of support that these projects get derailed by one or two vocal whiny neighbors?
Because the ZBA is in thrall of NIMBY talking points. Nothing will change until we fix the zoning code so that it is overtly pro-housing.

Because the ZBA is in thrall of NIMBY talking points. Nothing will change until we fix the zoning code so that it is overtly pro-housing.
This one is seriously next level bullshit, though. I get all the politics and I get all the bullshit nonsense, but literally, 99% of the commenters on this project supported it. This is just twisted and sick.

So infuriating.

Christine Araujo is the member who championed the WHOOP building in Kenmore Square. What a screw up.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it, but this Walk Hill/American Legion proposal has been sitting around for years without much progress. Lots of pushback from folks who see this as a traffic apocalypse. Realistically, people who live here are going to drive. The 14 bus is the only one that serves the location, and the combination of low frequency and a thoroughly convoluted route, it won't suffice. There needs to be a frequent bus routed down Walk Hill from Mattapan Square to Forest Hills.

Yup. The fact of the matter is that this is one of the least habitable areas in the entire city. The two cemeteries and the Audobon Center act as massive holes preventing this area from ever being knit to any other neighborhoods. And the train tracks wall it off from Rozzie proper.

Frankly, it's hard to see this area ever being anything other than an autocentric dead zone. Maybe this is where some of the essential but anti-urban stuff in Widett Circle and Newmarket should go. Or better yet, the post office facilities.

New proposal for a 27 unit building on the corner of Hyde Park Ave. and Cantebury. Lots to like about this:

• just over half a parking space per unit
  • bike parking for each unit and up to 10 visitors
  • activates the one corner of that intersection currently missing from an otherwise thriving spot

Would like to see some first floor retail, but that's not critical, considering the other three corners already have commercial space. Adds housing, density... build it!

UHub Link

HPCantebury.jpg

Would like to see some first floor retail, but that's not critical, considering the other three corners already have commercial space. Adds housing, density... build it!

There is, it's tiny though (974 sqft).

Back