SAV-MOR Site Lab Building | 15 McGrath Highway | Somerville

Another angle
15-McGrath-Highway.jpg

https://bostonrealestatetimes.com/j...ing-for-somerville-life-sciences-development/

Not much going on at the site but I did happen to see the new Sav-mor location in Assembly Square (sorry-Assembly Row) the other night. Looks like they are carrying on their traditional witty/ trueism signboards!

Sav-mor.JPG

Last edited:
The Lechmere self-service car wash (blue roof) is now gone. I have to check to see if the old brick building with the tattered awnings (Boston Reptile) is still standing.
Yes big improvement! that last bastion of American highway architecture/ car wash was getting pretty ratty. The "Boston Tropical Fish and Reptile" ripped awning still lives on!
IMG_0352.JPG

What's the over under on how long the nut factory building next door being sold?

@BeeLine or @Arlington can you merge with this thread?

Are there other active mods?

here's a pet peeve.
I cant un see it.
There's advertising for the development on the site fencing and they're dubbing it 'The axis of something and something', maybe 'innovation' and 'community'.
Either way, is it just me or is that terrible English, especially for a science lab?

Maybe the intersection of two axes or something.

Hope I have it wrong.

here's a pet peeve.
I cant un see it.
There's advertising for the development on the site fencing and they're dubbing it 'The axis of something and something', maybe 'innovation' and 'community'.
Either way, is it just me or is that terrible English, especially for a science lab?

Maybe the intersection of two axes or something.

Hope I have it wrong.

I don't think the use of "axis" is grammatically incorrect here (though I haven't read the sign), but "nexus" might be more appropriate in the context you're describing.

If something is on both the x axis and y axis, it can only be at their intersection.

Back