Say something good about One Beacon Street

Sorry...Palmer, McNally and Cuellar aren't walking through that door!
Man, I hated those teams, they were so really good. The Orioles, not the Yankees, were the real enemy.

It looks like the battery icon on many Android phones. When I first moved to Beacon Hill and didn't know my way around yet all I had to do was walk towards the giant battery and I'd be good.

It has nice views from higher floors... and I guess the new UMASS club on the top floor?

It's not too iconic, and it doesn't detract from the Greenway

It is not a parking lot nor a giant hole in the ground.

Its antenna makes it one of the tallest structures downtown ( they shd light it up like the Pru dose on occasions).

One Beacon and it's pregnant purple twin 100 Federal Street probably inspired the designs for 1 Federal Street and the CNA Center in Chicago.

It would make a GREAT world headquarters for a company we all know well.........UPS......."What can BROWN do for YOU?"

It can be torn down for something worthy of the coveted title "1 Beacon Street."

Say something good about One Beacon Street

One-Beacon-Street-Boston.jpg

It's not City Hall... wait, I take that back, I actually think City Hall is better looking...

It looks less like a prison than Two Monument Square does up here in Portland.

488046-Large-exterior-view-from-the-southeast-from-the-corner-of-temple-and-federal-streets.jpg

(Emporis photo, but maybe you caught that)

It can be torn down for something worthy of the coveted title "1 Beacon Street."

The day One Beacon is torn down for something new is the day Boston has officially run out of land.

I think this is one of my top five favorite buildings in the city. It pretty much screams Boston's corporate identity: Boring, Stodgy, and Conventional.

It has great views of the Charles River from inside the building.

My friend used to work here, and would always point and say "that's my building." I would then correct him and say "it's not your building, you just work there." So, it was a good tool to teach my friend the definition of "ownership."

Also, it answers the age old question: Does God take poops?

Actually, I kind of like this building. Fits in well with the rest of the gang. (1 Federal, 28 State, Preggers)

It's not bad... Boston has uglier buildings and I like the color.. Also it's not bad at the base either... Just corporate, mini planters, etc, but not too awful or obstructionist.

It has nice views from higher floors... and I guess the new UMASS club on the top floor?

Yes, the UMass Club moved there to the 32nd floor from 225 Franklin. The views of the State House and Common from the dining room are impressive. The bar setup is much better than the old one too; you can finally sit at the bar and look straight out the windows North across the Zakim.

Back