Scarborough, ME

cmaine

Reaction score
Costco is on the agenda for the Planning Board on June 27.

NR2Portland

Reaction score

Very glad they’re adding this to the town center at the Scarborough Downs. I actually somewhat like the rendering, makes this really feel like a big city suburb! Crossing my fingers it turns out like this.

TC_zoid

Reaction score
Now this is an anchor. I'll bet Tod is planning something a bit more exciting than a mere tasting room. I would think the Downs would be a great place for an outdoor concert venue. Aerosmith was in Bangor last week. This summer it's been a who's who of rock bands up there. Imagine 10,000 seats with a large Allagash Brewing tasting room and deck presence next door. I can. Rock Row's venue has been a disaster because of its location. I think the zoning is already somewhat set for this with the racetrack having been here? I can't see him simply building another tasting room. Squeeze it in within everything else planned (or dreamt of). Easy access too, from Route 1 or the turnpike. Beer and music fits together quite well. Actually, beer and almost anything does.

https://www.mainebiz.biz/article/ma...m-in-scarborough-with-land-purchase-agreement

Last edited:

NR2Portland

Reaction score
0D9BB7F4-9E28-4D82-AC3C-FBAB1F2C4879.jpeg39A3877F-1676-4CB2-B62D-7AB997FB8B4D.jpeg
Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate all the development taking place in Scarborough. If you save these two photos to your camera roll and flip back and fourth quickly you will see The Beacon on the left and The Downs developed. Left picture is earlier and the right picture is probably from this summer!

GIL

Reaction score
It’s great to read the designers are considering the needs of all modes, not just motor vehicles. But my favorite quote in here is from a planning board member concerned about traffic congestion who then describes his own habit of adding congestion in-town Portland.

“When we go into Portland, I just drive around until I find a parking spot,” said board member Roger Beeley. “You’re just adding more traffic when you’re driving around blocks.”​