Seaport Circle Project | 701 Congress Street (Massport Parcel H) | Seaport

Equilibria

Reaction score
Per B&T, Lincoln Property Group has been selected.

Lincoln plans a 730,000-square-foot building, geared for life sciences and up to 240 feet in height. About 120,000 square feet would be devoted to the Silver Line station, shops and restaurants, and public space. The remaining space would be split between labs and offices. An adjacent 15,000-square-foot building over the Massachusetts Turnpike would be used as a life-sciences training center. The budget for the project is estimated at $590 million.

Wieland said Lincoln offered the largest upfront payment for the 99-year ground lease: $50 million.

Gotta say, the designs Massport is getting out of their parcels (401 Congress, the Omni, this...) are top-notch. Hope Baker is paying attention for the SSC site.

1611249952905.png

Looks great, and also a nice bonus surprise that this also includes an air-rights portion over the Pike!
In this case, the port authority has landed a commitment for a new station at Silver Line Way, replacing what is essentially a modest bus shelter. [...] “That’s one of the reasons this project was so compelling: the degree of integration with the Silver Line station,” Wieland said. “It establishes this as a real transit station as opposed to a stop with a kiosk.”

I hope the new "Silver Line Way" station is renamed (I propose "Harborside," which is a name with some precedent in this area), and I hope it's designed to accommodate a future D St underpass and conversion to light rail.

Last edited:
Of course, I had to get into it with Odurandina/Tosh33 in the comments section of the Globe article after he pulled his tired zombie mantra.

Good stuff. The Silver Line station and connecting bridge are a nice touch. If this and 401 Congress move forward, the only remaining empty lots on Congress Street will be Seaport Square L5 and L6.

I hope the new "Silver Line Way" station is renamed (I propose "Harborside," which is a name with some precedent in this area), and I hope it's designed to accommodate a future D St underpass and conversion to light rail.

The MassDOT RFP (see Figure 12, page 46 of the PDF) specifically calls out that the building shall not preclude the T under D plan.

January Massport Board slides have some more visuals for this as well as some additional details:

- The low-rise over the Turnpike will be a "Life Science Career Center" operated by Lincoln for at least 8 years.
- The Silver Line station will include an indoor public concourse on the second floor with vertical circulation to both platforms.
- Committed to building this on-spec and has identified a financing source. Of course, this hasn't even hit the BPDA yet.

[EDIT] I found better pictures. Also, this site has the project brand, so please change the thread title to "Seaport Circle | Congress Street (Massport Parcel H) | Seaport".

1617369171484.png

1617369185696.png

1617369200423.png

1617369210848.png

1617369233439.png

1617369240889.png

Last edited:
Massport's development team should break off and start their own firm. They've managed/selected some fine designs and projects lately.

Yeah, except then there are the real losers like 88 Black Falcon messing up their average.

This is stunning work. More of this, please!!

If this stays true to the renders its great. Hopefully it does not get VE'd into banality

Was driving by this today - it's fenced off and there's a lot of construction equipment there. Could it be under construction already?

Back