1125.jpg
1126.jpg
1127.jpg
1128.jpg
1129.jpg
1130.jpg
1131.jpg
1132.jpg

The Seaport has finally become a real neighborhood.

It's transformation over the last decade has been eye-opening... It's a bit of a nouveau-riche person's paradise, but whatever... I'm not levelling that as a complaint.

I was a skeptic of this area for a variety of reasons, the street grid is probably my biggest gripe, but there's a lot of activity tucked in areas and of course the harbor walk is beautiful. Really interested in the rest of the infill over the next few years.

It's still a bit of a wasteland in the winter, but Boston isn't exactly known for fun winters and I don't think its fair to criticize this area too much for that... it was never going to be an exciting and vibrant district December-March.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wanna know more about that big pink swan (flamingo?) thing. Floatie? Boat? Can you rent it? Motorized?
Not sure if you can rent it, but you can purchase your own Pink Flamingo float at Amazon.:rolleyes:
:

I'm not a HUGE fan of the Seaport, but I had friends visiting from Seattle this past Thursday when it was really HOT! They were in town dropping off their daughter at Tufts University for the year.

1. We parked at Atlantic Wharf Garage
2. Walked along Fort Point Channel past Intercontinental Hotel and Independence Wharf. (We just missed the 5pm closing of the Observation Deck on the 14th Floor)
3. Walked across the Moakley Bridge (Thought about stopping at the Lookout Bar, but we had two 19 year old twins with us.)
4. Did the harbor walk along Fan Pier to the ICA
5. Picture perfect photo backdrop at the "Steps" on Fan Pier
6. Listened to a wonderful band at the ICA for a few minutes at the steps. (The Thursday free entry tickets were gone by early Thursday morning, so we didn't go in.)
7. Walked around Pier 4 with many people eating, laughing, and drinking at Woods Hill Pier 4, and Nautilus.
8. Sunset party booze cruise on the Provincetown II was boarding and loud, thumping, dance music filled the harbor
9. Walked along Northern Avenue to Legal Seafoods
10. Watched planes land at Logan for the sunset while sipping a few Harpoon beers at the Legal Seafoods Roof Deck while we waited for our table
11. Beautiful outside table by the water in less than an hour as the sun sets with some good seafood.
12. Walked back to Atlantic Wharf Garage at 9pm with the Beer Garden buzzing and people filled the HOT summer streets with laughter and conversation.
13. Cut across the new Martin's Park and walked along the Children's Museum Boardwalk to see the shimmering skyscrapers across the water
14. Walked past the Tea Party Museum and ships
15. Got to the garage and only paid $12.00 since we just barely entered past 5pm
16. Drove them back to their suburban hotel in Medford

This friend had been my roommate 30 years ago in Somerville while he attended MIT. He couldn't believe how much Boston had changed. Some comments:

"It's so clean! I don't see any homeless people. Seattle has such a huge problem with homeless"
"I feel safer walking around now compared to 30 years ago."
"Boy, this Seaport area is hopping tonight."
"Wow, this harbor walk is beautiful"
"What happened to all the Boston grit and grime?"

Anyway........it made me realize how amazing the Seaport area has become. It's NOT perfect, but I must say it's pretty impressive for both locals and out-of-town visitors. (......even if your from Scituate. :))

This friend had been my roommate 30 years ago in Somerville while he attended MIT. He couldn't believe how much Boston had changed. Some comments:

"It's so clean! I don't see any homeless people. Seattle has such a huge problem with homeless"
"I feel safer walking around now compared to 30 years ago."

"Boy, this Seaport area is hopping tonight."
"Wow, this harbor walk is beautiful"
"What happened to all the Boston grit and grime?"

This is also how I feel and hope every day that we're able to maintain this here.

Back